Author Topic: EDN8 vs PowerPak  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Retrografx

• View Profile
EDN8 vs PowerPak
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:56 AM »
I have both the EDN8 & PowerPak, the N8 wins hands down in my opinion. The N8 refreshes the games menu in alphabetical order when new games are added, the PowerPak puts the new games added to the bottom of the list. N8 loads three times faster and works with many clones. N8 also works we'll with replica controllers, PowerPak freezes when none standard NES controllers are used.

Everything from KRikzz is the best. I have the N8, masterED and TurboED, so far no negative experiences.  And I like the idea of supporting small businesses like this, they have so much competition from the Chinese, who have mastered replication. I would rather see my money go to the Ukraine than China any day.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: EDN8 vs PowerPak
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 01:13 AM »
And the price! The PowerPak is very expensive compared to N8.

Offline snstay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:57 AM »
drive sort works well for sorting roms. And the foxes save state/mappers makes it possible to go back to the main menu by pressing a+b+start at the same time so you dont have to leave your couch. I would rather have that than being able to play on clone systems. But the n8 dose from what i heard supports some chinese mappers, that would be the coolest to play pirate games. Powerpak dosnt do that. Combine features from both and you got the ultimate nes flash cart.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:37 AM »
storage - sd/sd micro or stoneage compact flash...... -_-
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline arlips

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:47 AM »
replied to wrong thread, please delete
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:49 AM by arlips »

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 08:19 AM »
I bought the PP ages ago, one of my first flash cartridge purchases.  Has worked very well for me, and 3rd party features that have been added are great, including save states.  I'd have no issue buying either device.