Author Topic: Bestconsole for EDGB  (Read 29831 times)

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Bestconsole for EDGB
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28 AM »
After seeing that, im glad i own a sgb2. Now I just need to get a edgb (prob have the funds next week  ;))
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 03:32 PM »
received my gb everdrive,working in dmg-01-pocket and color,no problems here.

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02 AM »
I ended getting a "classic" GBA unit, got it in good conditions and very cheap. I'm going to get my ED GB soon :)

I'm also considering getting one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-Back-Light-Afterburner-Fuchsia-Gameboy-GBA-Advance-Backlit-lightboy-worm-/181344477836?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a38f9228c

Any opinions?

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 03:59 AM »
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/173569-gba-halo-light-opinions/

Someone described it as like first gen SP.  You should try for GBA LCD mod that has true backlighting like these:
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/171270514534
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181357018420

Haven't tried it yet but been meaning to do it.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41 AM »
yup, skip the front light. get a backlit sp ags-101 screen. i have one and it looks great.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18 PM »
In case it interests to anyone, I got that classic GBA (no light), and I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. I changed my mind about modding it / getting an accessory / looking for a AGS-101.

Thank you for the help :)

Offline pcfreak324

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 10:06 PM »
It's better not to swap the display of the classic GBA with one from a GBA SP. The latter might have better brightness and clarity, but it suffers from a slow refresh rate with plenty of image trailing.

Offline suiken_2mieu

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 11:30 PM »
So I finally received my GB BOY Colour and the screen is pretty good. It has a stuck green pixel which is bothersome and was manufactured Dec 2013. The D-Pad is rubbish as you can press down in the center and it hits all the directions at once and it feels awkward and sharp. The A and B buttons are a little stiff, but not too bad and the select and start buttons are... different. They are hard plastic and have a lot of travel. The backlight and the price are the selling feature here though. Being able to play in any lighting is nice and as long as you're playing rpgs or other games which don't require quick input, it's a good unit. The screen has a slight amount of motion blur. Enough for me to notice, but not enough to make platformers smear. The screen is a TN panel. If you are off angle vertically, the screen washes out.

When using the unit with the Everdrive, the screen will dim when flashing and only when flashing. I haven't found a game that doesn't work on the GB BOY Colour that works on my GBC, GBA, SGB, or SGB2.

I'll be using the unit when I'm on the go. For $28 it's a nice cheap alternative to an AGS 101 or front-lit modded GBC which can be upwards of $100.
Flash Carts: - Everdrive GB - Super Everdrive - Everdrive 64v2 - R4 DS -  Easy Flash IV -
Good Flash Carts that need to be made:
NeoGeo Pocket

Offline JohnnyPhantom

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 07:59 PM »
I've been playing mine on my Original GBA modded with a AGS-101 screen and a new Glass lens. You can buy kits on eBay for about $50 to do this yourself, comes with the adapter cables, a new shell, and the kits use new LCD screens (not harvested from AGS-101 systems). I'm assuming the screens are NOS from HK sites that sold replacements like miniinthebox and dealextreme. The system looks, feels, and works amazingly! I like how the cart pops out the top rather than the bottom like on a SP system (which would dig in to my chest when I laid in bed to play and rest the system on my chest when playing). I then got a NOS GBA battery pack so now I also have rechargeablility!