Author Topic: [lib] libgbpak - a Transfer Pak beta library and dumping-tool v0.63.2  (Read 70197 times)

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
Re: [lib] libgbpak - a Transfer Pak beta library and demo-tool v0.61
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2016, 01:39 AM »
ah, thanks for that info.

it was just a tiny bug in the interface, cause the save option was only enabled, if there is external ram available.
the mbc2 has internal ram, so only the battery flag was set and not the external ram flag.

i don't know if it's working properly, i haven't tested it by now. ^^
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:30 PM by saturnu »

Offline timmy

• View Profile
Re: [lib] libgbpak - a Transfer Pak beta library and demo-tool v0.62
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Thanks but I am having two problems with 0.62.

1 is, it seems to be stuck in PAL mode? My screen rolls like crazy and I can barely see what is on the screen.

2 is, I tried to dump the sram but it created a zero byte file SAGA.SRM. I can't read the screen to see if there is any more info to report. I dumped a pokemon game with 0.3 and got a 32k srm file.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2016, 08:01 PM »
i've reuploaded v0.62 today, the archive from yesterday night was buggy. ^^
but SAGA is dumping and restoring it's sram fine for me.

the screenshot is from an acutal dumped sram file. :D

btw. try to force the tv mode for the rom in the config menu ^^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:16 PM by saturnu »

Offline timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2016, 08:23 PM »
0.63  worked! :D

Any chance you can fix the screen mode thing? It's hard to dump when you can't see the screen properly O_O The 0.3 version displays fine for me.

edit: I set option to NTSC but no luck.
0.61 also goes to PAL, that's oldest version I have other than 0.3.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:29 PM by timmy »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2016, 08:25 PM »
yes i think i should debug this, too. ^^
this sounds really annoying. :D

Offline timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2016, 04:12 AM »
Latest version of 0.63 fixes the screen problems thank you! :D

One last request, and this may be too much work / too difficult, so it is fine if say no, please don't worry about it! :)

Can you figure out how to dump saved games from Mega Memory Card by InterAct? I've got a few carts with dead batteries so I can't restore saves from MMC in order to dump them with ed64. I guess I can figure out how to change the cart battery evenutally tho..

I dumped MMC rom and I can see the save game file table at 0x7800 with my save file titles listed and if I run the DEMO.GB rom in an emulator it show my games in the delete menu like normal. So if we're lucky getting at the saves might be as simple as overdumping DEMO.GB?

Anyway I'm very happy with this program as is already thanks so much!!! :D :D :D

edit:

Here is a picture of MMC.

Also it seems all of 0x7000 ~ 0x7FFF is used for file management. I see this by comparing with
never used MMC rom file from the net.

0x7000 ~0x7800 looks like a FAT table!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:39 AM by timmy »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2016, 10:51 AM »
basically i know nothing about this devices memory mapping and i don't have one to experiment with.
if you want to overdump a mbc5 rom or something, i can provide a testversion, that doesn't use the information from the romheader for the rom/ram size.

the linked DEMO.gb is set to -> mbc5 + 32KByte ROM + 32KByte RAM

Here is a hardcoded libgbpak version that is using 4MByte ROM + 128KByte RAM
https://f.zdev.com/dl/stqysj.z64

keep in mind, that this is taking ages to dump. ^^

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:55 AM by saturnu »

Offline timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2016, 01:12 AM »
That header might be inaccurate. It's unlicensed cart so it may not use a MBC series chip. It definitely doesn't have a battery. It might have extra ram but I can't think why it would need it unless GB ram isn't enough to hold the file table + buffers. I can see 4 ICs inside but I can't tell what they are. Three have pins on all four sides and one has two rows of pins. Probably at least 1 is EEPROM/FLASH chip.

I tried the overdumper version but the resulting rom was repeating the part from 0x4000 ~ 8000 over and over again. SRAM was just FF entirely. I guess the only way to get at the game files is for someone else to reverse the code and figure out the memory map.

Thanks anyway! It was a good try! :D

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36 AM »
yes, this makes sense. ^^
but i somehow hesitate to monitor the register access with the rom that's online. maybe it's a dead end to experiment with that rom at all, 'cause nobody knows if it's a clean dump. ^^

Offline TUWieZ

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2016, 04:34 AM »
Not sure if this could help on implementing HuC3 (this game probably has little documentation),  but 'Robot Ponkottsu 64 - 7tsu no Umi no Caramel (Japan)' is an N64 title which used the transferpak to receive data from the japanese Robopon GBC titles, Sun/Star/Moon. (These games have custom cartridges with speakers + a replaceable cr2025 compartment, and use HuC3.)

https://github.com/Drenn1/GameYob/issues/51#issuecomment-16026325

Phenomenal work so far by the by, very impressed at the support for custom carts like pokemon rumble pinball and the gameboy camera  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:47 AM by TUWieZ »

Offline gbc12

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53 AM »
is it possible to use libgbpak with this concept --> (http://micro-64.com/features/gsneon64.shtml) (homebrew uploading to the n64 via gameshark), to run this program on a real N64 console without needed an everdrive? does the program need to be modified?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:04 AM by gbc12 »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2016, 10:14 AM »
libgbpak is a library, that you can use in any of your c64 programs, the demonstration tool is everdrive specific.
so in theory it is possible to use the library in some homebrew with a gameshark, but you need to figure out a way to transfer the roms back to the pc.
maybe you can get use of the LPT port or the controller pak and a dexdrive. ^^

if you are going to program a gameshark version, say so. the library uploaded is a bit outdated, so i need to update it, if there is a serious homebrew project incoming. ^^

EDIT:
i guess the lpt port might be possible with a gameshark pro.
-> dump the rom to the rdram -> dump the rdram with the gameshark -> use some extraction tool - to dump the rom out of the ram image
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:19 AM by saturnu »

Offline gbc12

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2016, 11:57 AM »
I know this method found here (http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=810.0) and here (http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=n64&data=n64-howtodumproms) will connect the gameshark to the pc and you use "Game Software Code Creator" to extract the file.

The way i saw it was do this same setup, but instead of loading the neon64 homebrew, loading the demonstration tool homebrew for the everdrive. which could be used with "Game Software Code Creator" to extract files from the transfer pak to the pc. It's just since the everdrive version runs right to an SD card, if i ran it on a gameshark, there would be errors.

I didn't know if the library was already configured for gameshark. I didn't want to mess up a sm64 cart! :)

edit:
A more visual way of explaining process tree i was going for:
1) use this method (http://micro-64.com/features/gsneon64.shtml) but instead of loading neon64, load the everdrive transfer pak demo
2) plug game into transfer pak on controller with game
3) use that program to save instead of to SD card, but to ram of gameshark/n64
4) program on PC freezes to give you a chance to press button on Game Software Code Creator
5) file loads to pc
6) loops back to title screen of program

i just didn't know if this library treads the SD card of the everdrive as any storage device on the hardware (including ram)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:04 PM by gbc12 »

Offline gbc12

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2016, 10:42 AM »
if you are going to program a gameshark version, say so. the library uploaded is a bit outdated, so i need to update it, if there is a serious homebrew project incoming. ^^

i forgot to say so! :) YES! please make a gameshark version for the libgbpak and a gameshark version of the demonstration tool. thx!

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2016, 10:43 AM »
No, thanks. ^^