Author Topic: Everdrive gb issue.  (Read 21188 times)

Offline djpannda

• View Profile
Everdrive gb issue.
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:11 AM »
I just received my everdrive eb. I loaded it with roms on a 4gb card. When i try to play it on gameboy pocket it loads but the contrast is extremely dark and when i pick a game it says erasing and restarts with out loading a game. then it says disk int and keep restarting. I have changed the mircosd to 8gb and the same results. I even changed the batteries but when i play it on a GBA it plays normal without issue.

Any ideas?

edit: i was able to borrow a gbc and it works normally also
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:32 AM by djpannda »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive gb issue.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36 AM »
May be something wrong with with yours gb pocket? With my pocket cart working fine

Offline suiken_2mieu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Have you tried using an AC adapter on your GBP? Maybe it's a power issue.
Flash Carts: - Everdrive GB - Super Everdrive - Everdrive 64v2 - R4 DS -  Easy Flash IV -
Good Flash Carts that need to be made:
NeoGeo Pocket

Offline djpannda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:04 AM »
alight, I tried my gameboy pocket with a/c adaptor and it works without issue... weird!! I tried it with batteries I found (with charge) and I bought cheap AAA... imma buy brand and see if it works with good AAA.

Offline richisawesome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 03:25 PM »
It's because of the higher power drain on those diddly AAA batteries. Is exactly the same on my backlit pocket.

Solution: Don't use cheap alkaline batteries. Use decent lithium or rechargables. Problem solved.

Offline jake74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 10:07 PM »
Exactly the same on my Density screen modded pocket, resets and resets. AAA batteries not giving enough juice.

Screen modded original GB is fine.

Offline Joybit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 04:06 AM »
Funny, my light-modded GBP seems to work just fine on batteries.  I'd definitely say power issue in terms of battery quality or something.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Funny, my light-modded GBP seems to work just fine on batteries.  I'd definitely say power issue in terms of battery quality or something.
Or maybe some screen mods draw more energy than other

Offline n00b

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Hi there,

I have a similar Problem. I've received my 2 ED GBs. One is working perfect on the GB Pocket (serial number 0040) and the other one (serial number 003E) not - it only shows a glitched Nintendo logo after starting games (as you can see in the attached photo) and nothing happens or it interrupts loading and restarts the Game Boy Pocket.

I have tested the ED GBs with the same Game Boy Pocket, the same SD card, the same games and also without SD card...

Further testing showed, that the ED GB works fine with my Super Game Boy and my GBA (with and without SD card)?

I have also tested with high value batteries but the problem still persists.

Does anyone knows how to fix this problem or why one EDGB works fine and the other one not?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:57 PM by n00b »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 08:09 PM »
This looks more like problem with contacts. May be some dirt on cartridge contacts

Offline n00b

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Okay, I've cleaned the contacts of the cartridge and even of the connector in the GB Pocket - no success :(

EDIT: After testing a while with the second GB ED it turns out that even this one is now not able to write the games from SD card to the flash chip anymore. So I think this is caused by the loss of battery power (now I have the changing contrast and the rebooting issues, too).

But when I remove the SD card on both ED GBs they work fine. Therefore I've tested some other SD cards but the problems persist.

So I think the power supply of the GB Pocket is to weak for the ED GB after a relatively short amount of time.

But it ist still strange to me, why one ED GB seems to need a lesser amount of power than the other one.....????

Is it possible to change this problem by a firmware update etc. in the future, please? :)

EDIT: Another member of the circuit-board forum reports exactly the same behavior of his ED GB....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:16 AM by n00b »

Offline JChrisK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34 AM »
Well and here i am ;)
As n00b said my edgb with serial 0041 just restart while the cart try to init the OS. I tried with a power supply and that way it works as expected. The gameboy pocket is original and has no mods (backlight etc). Would be great if you can have closer look on that kind of issue.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17 AM »
here is how it working with by gb pocket, even with not very frash batteries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaMYOZ_pifE
At this moment i have no idea why you guys have problems, may be some sd cards draw a lot, or may be different gameboy pcb revision exist, dead capacitors inside of game boy or something else

Offline n00b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40 AM »
Ahhh in the video shows the 1st revision (no Power LED) - I have one with a Power LED (2nd rev.). Maybe this is the problem?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41 AM »
may be, i do not have 2nd rev to test