Author Topic: EDGB does not launch menu  (Read 10433 times)

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
EDGB does not launch menu
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:16 AM »
Just got mine in today. I loaded the roms on to it in 2 separate folders - GB and GBC. I popped it into my GBA, booted it up and it gave me a disc init Cx08 I believe. So I turned it off, back on, and it immediately boots to a Kirby game that I assume is on the SD card somewhere (I don't remember putting it on there). So I tried it on the SGB, same thing, says disk init briefly, then boots into GB mode and loads the game up. I can't get it to go back to the menu.

Help?

Offline Ahuch

• View Profile
Re: EDGB does not launch menu
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:32 AM »
Don't want anyone to get into trouble.. Editing this  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:24 AM by Ahuch »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:51 AM »
ooops, has krikzz left copyrighted material on flash card? not good.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:07 AM »
This isn't good...

I took a known good SD card from my Turbo ED, formatted it and copied all the files back over and even threw some into the root for testing. I booted it up in my GBA and I get the game boy color screen with a blocked out Nintendo logo, like it can't read the game. I tried on the Super GB, It doesn't even recognize the card. So I put the card back into my computer... it fails to read. I put the other cards I used into the computer - they don't read either. So that's 3 8GB cards that have completely failed when I put them into the EDGB.

Krikzz, please weigh in on this.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 06:19 AM »
Don't despair on those SD cards. I've had some SD card and flash drives fail to be detected by my Win7 machine. You can try [urlhttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-not-recognizing-sd-card-in-device/a24fc1c8-6d06-4506-a65b-402d5b0e56ce]THIS SOLUTION[/url]:

Right click on My Computer, select Manage.  On the following screen, click on Disk Management.  You should now see the flash card drive on the right hand side of the screen, assign it a drive letter, and voila, it should now show up in Windows Explorer.

There's also SD FORMATTER first to see if it'll recover, at least, your card.

As it goes for the EDGB, maybe a programming fault?

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Don't despair on those SD cards. I've had some SD card and flash drives fail to be detected by my Win7 machine. You can try [urlhttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-not-recognizing-sd-card-in-device/a24fc1c8-6d06-4506-a65b-402d5b0e56ce]THIS SOLUTION[/url]:

Right click on My Computer, select Manage.  On the following screen, click on Disk Management.  You should now see the flash card drive on the right hand side of the screen, assign it a drive letter, and voila, it should now show up in Windows Explorer.

There's also SD FORMATTER first to see if it'll recover, at least, your card.

As it goes for the EDGB, maybe a programming fault?

I appreciate the positive thinking, but these cards don't even register on the computer. It's as if there's no card in there at all. I even tried them back in the TED to see if they can be read there, and it's a no go, the cards do not show up at all. Whatever happened, it was enough to kill the cards.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 11:43 AM »
Cart was working, as you can see (Kirby was loaded somehow), so, i don't know why it does not working for you. All yours 3x 8gb cards was identical? You may try to use some other cards if so, or send cart to me for check.

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Krikzz, the cards were different brands, one was a Sandisc, another was a Transcend, and I forget what the other one was. Please PM me your address so I can send this back to you for testing. I'll include a couple of the cards I tried as well. Thanks!

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 09:12 AM »
Most of the ED's auto load the last flashed game when no SD card is inserted. I would actually be upset if the EDGB wasn't tested prior to shipping.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11 AM »
Ah, that makes sense.

KRIKzz, maybe use a PD ROM or the Game Boy Controller Kensa Cartridge ROM?

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 10:14 AM »
my EMS 64 mb usb gb cartridged arrived preloaded with a homebrew game so you could test it right away. it would be good if everdrive gb did the same.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08 PM »
I remove the games from all carts after testing, I load some dummy file or homebrew. But i hurry a bit with first batch of EDGB, i really did not clean the carts. Next batches will come cleared

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 09:48 PM »
I sent it back today - I'm curious to see what the outcome is. Thanks again.

Offline Cebion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 01:15 AM »
I also have the same issue.
I loaded 2 different sd cards.

At the first one 1gb only the preflashed game you mentioned started. My Computer also won't recognize this one anymore.
At the second one (2gb) the gameboy would not start as it was draining to much battery, removing the sd card and everything worked fine. Also this one is damaged as appeared.

Sa