Author Topic: ED64 v3 in progress  (Read 88474 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: ED64 v3 in progress
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2014, 04:30 PM »
That's not something that requires new hardware. You should look into Saturnu's alternate system menu.

Offline King.Pharaoh

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2014, 10:33 PM »
oh right on,

Something else I would like is the ability to return back to the main menu screen by doing a hard console re-set via the controller.....can we hold down L and R shoulder buttons and make it reset back to the main menu screen?  I know its pure laziness, but I could say this is a feature everyone would like to see implemented.

pharaoh

Offline ollidab

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 04:06 AM »
krikzz is there an eta on this? I found my N64 about a month ago and was gonna purchase the v2 but now I'd rather wait for the v3 :D
Consoles:
Own-> NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/Sega Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/PS1/PS2/PS3/XBox 360/(My PC :D)
Want ->TurboGrafx/Sega 32x/Sega CD/Sega Master System/Atari 7800/Atari XEGS/Atari Jaguar

Everdrives:
Own ->GB
Want -> EverDrive 64 v3/Mega EverDrive/EverDrive N8/SD2SNES/

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 09:19 PM »
krikzz is there an eta on this? I found my N64 about a month ago and was gonna purchase the v2 but now I'd rather wait for the v3 :D
I don't know when it will be released. There not a lot of work left, but warm weather comes to Ukraine and i want to rest a bit (:

Offline namine207

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 01:08 AM »
Was just about to buy the Everdrive V2, but I think I'll hold off on it for now. If the RTC gets implemented, I think I'll go for the V3 for sure.

Offline ollidab

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 04:43 AM »
I don't know when it will be released. There not a lot of work left, but warm weather comes to Ukraine and i want to rest a bit (:

XD That's ok, just wish it's available by late July to early August.  Shipping takes a while so the sooner I could order the better. BTW have you considered adding a notification page for when it's out. Last time I missed the first batch of GB  Everdrives because I found out a day late.
Consoles:
Own-> NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/Sega Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/PS1/PS2/PS3/XBox 360/(My PC :D)
Want ->TurboGrafx/Sega 32x/Sega CD/Sega Master System/Atari 7800/Atari XEGS/Atari Jaguar

Everdrives:
Own ->GB
Want -> EverDrive 64 v3/Mega EverDrive/EverDrive N8/SD2SNES/

Offline suiken_2mieu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 07:53 PM »

XD That's ok, just wish it's available by late July to early August.  Shipping takes a while so the sooner I could order the better. BTW have you considered adding a notification page for when it's out. Last time I missed the first batch of GB  Everdrives because I found out a day late.
That's a good idea, the EverdriveGB sold out in about 12 Hours. But then again, Krikzz has a twitter account and he puts notifications up there.
Flash Carts: - Everdrive GB - Super Everdrive - Everdrive 64v2 - R4 DS -  Easy Flash IV -
Good Flash Carts that need to be made:
NeoGeo Pocket

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
    • mrGREEK360's Tech & Gaming YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Stick a Ethernet port on it :) and somebody figure out online gaming with n64 games like xband, and I will buy it in a heartbeat to replace my V2 ED64 I bought a few months ago. Or start implementing mandatory USB ports for future development to add a dongle/hookup to pc to play online, something like the Mega Everdrive online pong demo.

IMO the last big step is to bring all these retro console online, as it was done before with the XBAND and can be done again.
Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Other Flash Carts - EZ Flash IV (GBA), Passcard 3 (DS), Gateway (3DS), R4i (DS)

http://www.youtube.com/liquidg

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 01:04 AM »

It is not extra 64Kb, it means that actual max rom size for v2 is 64Mbyte minus 32Kb (if sram used), or 64Mbyte minus 128Kbyte (if flashram used). Whole 64Mbyte avaialble only for games with used eeprom or wihich have no save meory at all. V3 can use whole 64Mbyte of ROM memory with any type of saves
Krikzz, is there anything that can be done in an OS update for Version 2.0 to reduce these numbers? Pokemon Stadium 2 saves with FLASH and cutting off 128 KB causes problems. The last 72 KB are left blank so if it could be reduced to 72 KB or less then it would work.

There's pictures here of what goes wrong with the last 128 KB missing: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1340.0

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 06:30 PM »

It is not extra 64Kb, it means that actual max rom size for v2 is 64Mbyte minus 32Kb (if sram used), or 64Mbyte minus 128Kbyte (if flashram used). Whole 64Mbyte avaialble only for games with used eeprom or wihich have no save meory at all. V3 can use whole 64Mbyte of ROM memory with any type of saves
Krikzz, is there anything that can be done in an OS update for Version 2.0 to reduce these numbers? Pokemon Stadium 2 saves with FLASH and cutting off 128 KB causes problems. The last 72 KB are left blank so if it could be reduced to 72 KB or less then it would work.

There's pictures here of what goes wrong with the last 128 KB missing: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1340.0
It can be fixed with OS update

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18 AM »
Any Everdrive 64 news Krikzz?

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 10:00 AM »
I would not wait for any news before mid autumn

Offline MarioDrives99

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2014, 01:07 PM »
I was going to buy a v2. But after hearing this. Ill probably wait for a v3.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2014, 06:14 PM »
I was going to buy a v2. But after hearing this. Ill probably wait for a v3.

It's your choice, mate. But you're missing out on lots of N64 based fun now (Goldeneye X, 40 Winks, various hacks and foreign region games, etc), and v3's improvments might not matter enough for you to buy it over a v2. Especially since an update to the v2's software can do much of what we want anyway.

Bottom line, the v2 is fantastic, and the v3 will be a little more fantastic, so either way you'll be happy  :D

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 03:16 AM »
I would not wait for any news before mid autumn

did you have a date to this or something krikzz? any news will be great  ;D