Author Topic: Chiptunes...Can it be done with the EDGB?  (Read 14656 times)

Offline BaNd1t

• View Profile
Chiptunes...Can it be done with the EDGB?
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:58 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Chiptunes? Can the EDGB allow for Chiptuning? From the information I was able to Google, it looks like Chiptuning is done via a ROM based download. Not sure if more is required or not, but kinda looked cool to try out. If anyone can shed any light it would be appreciated as always.

Offline richisawesome

• View Profile
Re: Chiptunes...Can it be done with the EDGB?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34 AM »
LSDJ and Nanoloop work fine, and unlike other flashcarts with limited memory, you can have not only both of them on the Everdrive at once, but also pretty much any other Game Boy game you want - even the entire library.

So yes. It's more than capable, and pretty much the best option - unless you want to get ripped off by buying another flashcart at almost the same price (cough 64m Smart Card cough)

I don't know if the Game Boy Camera ROM works on the Everdrive (it should do, even without the camera) - if that does boot, you have the music synth/drum machine in there too. So that's literally the three best music apps for the Game Boy on one card.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:35 AM by richisawesome »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I think Gameboy Camera has it's own mapper, so I doubt it works on ED GB. Maybe someone can confirm if it works or not?

Offline makinavaja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44 PM »
LSDJ and Nanoloop work fine, and unlike other flashcarts with limited memory, you can have not only both of them on the Everdrive at once, but also pretty much any other Game Boy game you want - even the entire library.
Hi
LSDJ does not work with everdrive gb.  The soft works but the load/save song feature doesnt appears.  It only appears if you use mbc3 mapper, but then it doesn saves/load anything, couse it says that the memory is full.
Does it happens the same to anyone else?

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Hi
LSDJ does not work with everdrive gb.  The soft works but the load/save song feature doesnt appears.  It only appears if you use mbc3 mapper, but then it doesn saves/load anything, couse it says that the memory is full.
Does it happens the same to anyone else?

It happends to me too, could be nice to have it work!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Does it need 1Mbit saveram?

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56 PM »
The Manual says something about SRAM size

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Ah that's a pleasant surprise. :)
Even if you can't use the camera function it has tons of secrets and some minigames and stuff. And you can try out all the different versions of the camera rom including the zelda edition.
http://tcrf.net/Game_Boy_Camera

Offline vonkhades

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:02 AM »
The Manual says something about SRAM size

Silly me just missed this picture... and you are correct.. so I guess the EDGB has less than 1mbit of sdram and thats WHY its not working.

I looked for the tech info to see how much SDRAM EDGB has but couldn't find it, anyone has the data?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:11 AM by vonkhades »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39 PM »
is the official SRAM capacity of EDGB revealed?

just some sideinfo:

most gameboy games have 8 kilobytes/64 kilobit SRAM. some gameboy and most gameboy color games have 32 kilobytes/256 kilobit SRAM. EMS gameboy 64 mbit USB cartridge has 128 kilobytes/1024 kilobit SRAM which can be used for LSDJ and multiple SRAM saving via alternative menu by mottzilla.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:27 PM by reprep »
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline DevinXXL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 09:31 PM »
I wanted to buy one for the use with LSDj, but I've read the save feature doesn't work, so buying one doesn't make any sense currently.
Is there a way to fix this? Or will there be an updated version for like 5 more dollars? I'd buy it!

I really want an everdrive, but I also want LSDj with a way to copy my saves to my linux pc, I can only afford one card. The other one I'd buy is the drag'n'derp (because of linux support), but it only supports one game at a time, which just isn't enough  :(

Please make LSDj on an everdrive possible!  ;D

Offline makinavaja

• View Profile
EDGB and LSDJ, saves doesnt works
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Please make LSDj on an everdrive possible!  ;D
+1

Anyways, I already own an everdrive card that, for games, its the best flash cart available right now. 

Nowadays, lsdj its the most used software for gameboy.  There are a lot of chiptune musicians waiting for this, looking for a good way of saving their creations or for loading diferent versions of the program with custom instruments for the wav channel.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:34 PM by makinavaja »

Offline vonkhades

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 04:04 PM »
So I've been lurking around EDGB hardware and the IS62LV1024LL is a low power RAM with 128 kilobit x 8 = 1 megabit, so it should be enough for the LSDJ... I can be wrong of course with the info or the math :P

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/117101/ICSI/IS62LV1024LL-55H.html

Offline DevinXXL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Now we have to wait for @KRIKzz to help us getting it to work…

EDIT: I just ordered an everdrive because it is possible to save a single song per ROM, which is still better than having to use an EMS cartridge.
I still hope for a fix though  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:14 PM by DevinXXL »

Offline krivx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 01:14 AM »
Is it possible to get an update on this? In theory this should work fine. Using one Rom per song is not exactly ideal...