Author Topic: SD2SNES Hangs on "Sorting Database"  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Defleshed

• View Profile
SD2SNES Hangs on "Sorting Database"
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Hello,

I've had the SD2SNES for a few weeks now and it has worked perfectly fine.  This morning we went to play Final Fantasy II and when we booted the SD2SNES, it froze on the "set clock" screen.  I thought downgrading the firmware might fix the problem, but now the SD2SNES will not go into menu at all.  It hangs on "sorting database".  The screen eventually is covered with garbled text, but it never moves past that screen, no matter what version of firmware I try now.  It worked fine on 1.6 for weeks, now does not work at all.  Anyone able to help?

borti4938

Re: SD2SNES Hangs on "Sorting Database"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Try to delete "sd2snes.cfg" out of the sd2snes-folder on your sd-card and try again with firmware 0.1.6 dresh downloaded from sd2snes.de
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:34 AM by borti4938 »

Offline Defleshed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46 AM »
This got me into the menu but no roms displayed??!

e: but now same problem again and can't get back to menu even after following exact same step... wtf??

PS Thanks for responding and trying to help
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:58 AM by Defleshed »

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:00 AM »
Copy the files to from your SD card to your computer, format the SD card, then move the files back to your SD card. Use a fresh copy (read: unzip the 0.1.6 FW files and copy that to your SD card) instead of the one you have on there now.

I'm not sure where the game saves are placed, but make sure you have a backup of that also.

Offline Defleshed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding.  I tried this (multiple times with different cards) and same results every time.  I am unfortunately going to have to send this back, it doesn't appear to be a problem I can solve.