Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie Evedrive 3.0  (Read 2201 times)

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
Re: Banjo Kazooie Evedrive 3.0
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 02:57 AM »
THat's the issue though, I would think if your Everdrive was defective it should be glitching out on more than just this one game, and most likely all of them. It's a seriously freak issue, that could have a number of causes... I don't know what to tell you...
I recieved the S video cable today and the problem persist unfortunately.I guess I will have to buy a copy of banjo kazooie.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 03:18 AM »
I will be shocked if the problem stops with the actual copy of banjo kazooie….
Note I think you put up example of someone who had the problem with an actual cartridge... So the problem is probably a problem in the game itself, if that's the case, but tied to maybe certain brands of tvs… Every tv is different...

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with your Everdrive, or there should be more problems like this in more games... Maybe you just haven't tried out a enough games to know for sure (if it is a ED problem)… BUt the odds that that same problem would 'exist' on some ED drives, and not all (I had no problems), and that you would encounter two Ever DRives with the problem (you and your friends), seems like it should be pretty rare.

We can discount the problem being with the roms, as very few people seem to be able to replicate the problems. I couldn't...

Could it be different models of N64? SNES went through several variants and changes throughout the life of the system... Maybe the N64 did as well? Minor changes to chips being used could change how they sound, interact with the system, visuals, etc... The odds that you and your friend ended up with similar models of N64 from the same era is more likely, since the changes would have been mass-produced. For what its worth my N64 was probably from  mid to late in the N64's life.

Yes, the N64 went through several motherboard revisions...
https://nintendo64.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Motherboard_Revision
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:23 AM by Galron »

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2019, 10:54 AM »
I bought a copy of Banjo Kazooie and the problem still persist. I don't know why more people haven't reported the problem. I guess in theory both my nintendo 64s could have a problem but I just feel like that is unlikely.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2019, 02:02 PM »
I don't have the problem on my tv and or n64. Again it oculd be a difference in 'model'. Nintendo did various revisions of the system throughout the systems lifespan.

At least we can rule out there being a problem with your flashcart itself...