Author Topic: Translation: Shindou edition games  (Read 13657 times)

Offline slickrasta

• View Profile
Re: Translation: Shindou edition games
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Any chance there's been progress on a Mario or Wave Race Shindou versions translated to english? It's shocking it hasn't been done to me since Mario 64 has to be the #1 hacked game of all time...the amount of rom hacks alone is staggering.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 09:25 PM »
I think someone was working on Wave Race a year or two ago, but I haven't heard anything since.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 05:12 PM »
A curious thing is that the Save Game from Regular version is totally compatible with Shindou version.
I made a backup from my Mario 64 save game and rename to the Shindou save game, so all my Saves apeared in Shindou version.
Sad no one is interested to made the translation.  :'(

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 06:42 PM »
I've looked at Shindou Mario a few times, but it has a lot of compression.  My hope has been that someone from the Mario hacking groups who has experience with the ins/outs of Mario 64 would take on this project.  No luck yet.

Similarly, since I have experience with the Zelda games, I've looked into translating the original Japanese releases of Majora's Mask to English so people here could experience the "hard mode" of not having the owl statues for saving.  I got pretty far where all the text is imported, but I need to make some major re-writes to the text functions so it displays the longest sections of text properly.  Currently it just displays a blank screen for those lines instead.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline r1ggles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I've looked at Shindou Mario a few times, but it has a lot of compression.  My hope has been that someone from the Mario hacking groups who has experience with the ins/outs of Mario 64 would take on this project.  No luck yet.

Similarly, since I have experience with the Zelda games, I've looked into translating the original Japanese releases of Majora's Mask to English so people here could experience the "hard mode" of not having the owl statues for saving.  I got pretty far where all the text is imported, but I need to make some major re-writes to the text functions so it displays the longest sections of text properly.  Currently it just displays a blank screen for those lines instead.

Any insight on what the situation looks like for Wave Race? Which is the one I'm personally more interested in since I never played it and know Mario 64 star locations inside out regardless of the language.

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 10:47 PM »
Finding the correct passages in the code to insert the edited images in the japanese version of Wave Race is basicly the most difficult part. Any help appreciated.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 04:13 AM »
I wonder how difficult it would be to go opposite direction and find out what is different about Shinzou editions and then patch the rumble feature into the regular game?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 11:33 PM »
https://tcrf.net/Wave_Race_64

Besides rumble support:

• The in-game announcer has re-recorded dialogue.
  • Ghosts are now present in Time Trial mode, with the ghosts being represented as dolphins.
  • The songs for Sunny/Sandy Beach, Port Pirates, and Southern Island got new mixes.
  • Some sound effects were changed:
  • Menu confirm sound.
  • Splash sound when you select "END" in the name entry.
  • Passing a buoy correctly.
[/list]

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 02:42 AM »
Theoretically (but being a complete novice in this area) if uncompressed,and text unchanged, shouldn't the bytes for the string be the same?
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 04:57 AM »
I'd love to have a translated version of Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition!

As a side note, it'd be really cool if somebody could figure out how to add Rumble Pak support to Mario Kart 64.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:46 AM by Grizzmeister »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Rumble mods for a lot of games would be awesome if pulled off right!