Author Topic: "Zoom!" feezes at random points  (Read 3908 times)

Offline tpgb12

• View Profile
"Zoom!" feezes at random points
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:00 AM »
Hello.  I was recently playing "Zoom!" on my Everdrive, and I notice that it tends to crash in random times.  Sometimes it happens when playing after 30 seconds of play, and sometimes after 2 minutes, but when it does, the game hangs and only plays the BGM.  I've tried two different roms, and they both have the same problem.  Does anybody know how to fix this?  I have not had any other major problems with other games, yet.  Thanks.

PS:
I am running firmware V.9 and the latest OS.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:06 AM by tpgb12 »

Offline tpgb12

• View Profile
Re: "Zoom!" feezes at random points
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23 AM »
I just re-formatted the SD Card, and tried a [!] rom of "Zoom!".  It still freezes, but I managed to get to level 8.  One weird thing I noticed is that the Everdrive actually saves an SRAM file for the game, even though it's not an SRAM game.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:45 PM »
I just re-formatted the SD Card, and tried a [!] rom of "Zoom!".  It still freezes, but I managed to get to level 8.  One weird thing I noticed is that the Everdrive actually saves an SRAM file for the game, even though it's not an SRAM game.

It means that game doing random writes to random addresses and sometimes hit to sram area

Offline tpgb12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:06 PM »

It means that game doing random writes to random addresses and sometimes hit to sram area
Could that possibly be the point where it freezes, then?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:28 PM »

Could that possibly be the point where it freezes, then?
I don't know. Some games doing such thing, but works fine