Author Topic: GBA Everdrive  (Read 20042 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: GBA Everdrive
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 06:09 PM »
if krikzz ever changes his mind and makes a gba everdrive i really hope he figures out a way to make it clone proof. those dodgy bastard chinese clone artists would be all over a gba everdrive. i can imagine it now :(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:26 AM by butfluffy »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 08:57 PM »
GBA Everdrive = Instant buy
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39 AM »
GBA flash carts are a saturated market - I don't blame KRIKzz for not having any interest in creating one. He may change his mind one day, but I see no need to keep posting about it like it's going to help. If anything, it probably just irritates him after he's already made his stance clear. As with anything else, only a fraction of those who say they plan to buy something ever actually do.

I know I'm new here and don't mean to get on anyone's bad side, but I don't see how threads like this getting bumped all the time help anything. Just like I'd love to see the possibility of a NGPC or MVS EverDrive some day, I'm not going to beat a dead horse when he's already made up his mind. I'd rather he keep on making excellent flash carts for systems with no decent alternative than one for which I could buy any number of existing flash carts at lower price points, some of which are actually good.

</rant>
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline RussDCA

• View Profile
GBA Everdrive
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:26 AM »
I'm with you Mattroid, no one wants to annoy Krikzz, but not saying anything could also show there's no desire.

I've had a look at a couple of alternatives. I just like how this GB solution works.

No harm meant, just showing love for the work Krikzz put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Saya

• Eldritch Abomination
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 06:47 AM »
GBA flash carts are a saturated market - I don't blame KRIKzz for not having any interest in creating one. He may change his mind one day, but I see no need to keep posting about it like it's going to help. If anything, it probably just irritates him after he's already made his stance clear. As with anything else, only a fraction of those who say they plan to buy something ever actually do.

I know I'm new here and don't mean to get on anyone's bad side, but I don't see how threads like this getting bumped all the time help anything. Just like I'd love to see the possibility of a NGPC or MVS EverDrive some day, I'm not going to beat a dead horse when he's already made up his mind. I'd rather he keep on making excellent flash carts for systems with no decent alternative than one for which I could buy any number of existing flash carts at lower price points, some of which are actually good.

</rant>

The way I see it is most people who want things which already have a solution are either unsatisfied with what's currently available, or would rather support Krikzz than some Chinese manufacturer (not that I have any problem with the Chinese, or anyone for that matter).  There are a lot of factors to consider when Krikzz decides to make an Everdrive though.  Install base, competition, and of course preference, because honestly at the end of the day this isn't really about the money, though having monetary support makes what he does a lot easier.

You're right about threads like this getting bumped though, because it is glorified begging, and honestly speaking I feel quite bad myself for bumping this too.  Though I think the main thing I need to say is that you do have to consider those who wont post that will buy them, and for every poster begging for a flashcart for a system that wont buy one, there will be someone that does (it took me many months after lurking these forums to finally make an account and post.  Honestly speaking I tend to hate forums and what it brings out in people, this community is really one of the only ones that I somewhat participate in, at least in terms of places that involve usernames and a sense of "identity").  Whether or not there is a solution for a console already out there, I just want Krikzz to do what he enjoys and make new Everdrives for as long as he wants to.

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 10:37 PM »
i own krikzz products for every system i own

Everdrive N8
Everdrive GB
SD2SNES
Everdrive 64
Mega Everdrive

I've purchased all of them board only and have not had any problems with any of them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:39 PM by kmksoulja »

Offline RussDCA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08 PM »

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Good times: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/krikzz-announces-game-boy-advance-flash-cartridge-everdrive-gba-in-development.html

If this all goes well, there'll be a lot of support for it.
More of a tease for one - and that's months old at this point.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Swedra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Strip the flesh! Salt the wound! *Manical laughter*

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 10:30 AM »

Offline olsenn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 11:08 PM »
I'd buy one! Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more

Offline RetroGamer88

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 08:33 PM »
I was just browsing through the Turbo Everdrive forums and happened upon this post from Krikzz regarding the GBA everdrive:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2670.msg26815#msg26815

So in my mind it's a reality now regardless of how long it may take. I'm extremely happy and saving my money  ;)

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 04:20 AM »
EdGB V2 and EDGBA are both instant buys for me.