Author Topic: New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review  (Read 14294 times)

Offline suicidalchair

• View Profile
New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review
« on: May 14, 2014, 10:28 PM »
I ordered my very first Everdrive 64 from Gamersection.ca on Sunday at about 5pm And I couldn't find any reviews on here weather or not they were decent or shipping times etc so I will update this post with my findings.

So far:

Day 1.Payed for Everdrive 64 from Gamersection.ca on Saturday via email money transfer through my bank (TD Canada Trust)
Day 2 They accepted the money transfer
Day 3 Status changed to "Ready"
Day 4 (Today on the Wednesday) It is now Shipped (when I checked the tracking number it actually said it shipped yesterday on day 3) Expected delivery date is the 20th (day 10)

So far the process has been pretty painless and It shipped fairly fast? (I've read threads of people waiting over a month)
I have also read the problems with gamersection not sending shields but I do not plan on removing the everdrive from my system once its in there.

Can't wait to crack this bad boy open! And has anybody played Pokemon Stadium 2? I read it didnt display pokemon pictures but I was wondering if the actual battles worked ok?

Offline Cybertronic

• View Profile
Re: New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:46 PM »
The actual battles work just fine. I didn't even notice the issue because I never look at the stats screen when selecting Pokemon. If you use an older version of the Everdrive OS, 1.29 you won't encounter this problem. Also Battletanx does not work with the 2.0 OS.

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=ed64/os-bin/

You will have to download the OS to put on an SD card anyway, so give it a try!

Offline suicidalchair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Finally got mine in the mail yesterday!
So yeah it was pretty fast shipping from what I've gathered.

The quality of the cartridge itself isn't the greatest, it had some scratches on it, but no biggie I plan to paint it myself anyway.

The one thing that did bug me is it looked like whoever carved out the SD card slot was drunk, I can see where they accidentally cut to far so my SD slot looks like a rectangle where one of the lines keeps on going.

I played it with my friends for about 6 hours playing as many games as possible, the only one Ive run into an issue with so far that bummed me out was Mario Party 3 doesnt seem to want to save, but whatever.

Also Jeopardy wouldnt recognize any of the controllers it seemed.

Offline copyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:16 PM »
I cut mine before I got my ED64. It is a little tricky putting my sd back in but Ive gotten use to it.

Strange Ive played both Jeopardy(ouch had to play a nes version with friends after few mins that game) and Mario Party 3 without any issues. What roms you using? Goodset U !?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:18 PM by copyman »

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 11:10 AM »
With all my everdrives, the best ones are from retro gate (kris) himself. Other mobs cut the slots poorly and the cart finish is. Poor.
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:26 AM »
I hate to knock the only Canadian Everdrive dealer, but this is total crap quality. Ordering from Krikzz, aka Retrogate will get you the cheapest and best quality product there is. I'm not surprised none of the other Everdrive dealers check-in on these boards.

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline copyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01 AM »
It just makes sense to get it directly from the source.
Only thing is if you on the other side of the earth it will take some time but who cares. Got plenty of games to play till then.

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
    • mrGREEK360's Tech & Gaming YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:24 PM »
My everdrive 64 from gamersection was a bad experience IMO....... They ship ed64 without shields in the cart that will cause every n64 that uses it to eventually bend its pins on the outside of the pin connector.....  After complaining they sent me a shield, they said they don't put it in because it doesn't fit....  I was able to bend the shield in 30 secs and reassembled the cart in 3 mins, the fact they can't spend 3 minutes to bend a thin piece of metal is stupid and outrageous especially since it damaged my mint Jungle Green n64.......

The dermal job for the sd card was horrible, looked like a hack job..... Took me another 5 minutes to file it to make it professional, except they just slapped together the cart with no care and shipped it out.

The Label on both the front and the back reprinted caution sticker was horrible, as if it was prints on a inkjet printer from 1995, not to mention the god awful artwork on the label and case...

Long story short, I will never buy from Gamersection.ca/com again. The everdrive 64 was my first everdrive, I now own the SD2SNES, Everdrive N8, and Mega Everdrive all from Stoneagegamer.com, and I will continue buying from stoneagegamer.com as their product is the best by far, well worth the money.

I just don't understand why gamersection could even consider shipping such a sub par job, when it would take them 10 mins to make it look good and they in turn would get positive reviews. No they are just in it for the money, as they obviously take no pride in their work, unlike Stone Age gamer or retrogate.  I will be posting a review on youtube about the sub par quality of gamer sections everdrives.

If I were KrikZz I would mandate all resellers of the everdrive 64 to use shields or I would take them off as an official reseller, but its not my company.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:35 PM by mrGREEK360 »
Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Other Flash Carts - EZ Flash IV (GBA), Passcard 3 (DS), Gateway (3DS), R4i (DS)

http://www.youtube.com/liquidg

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 11:41 PM »
I hate to knock the only Canadian Everdrive dealer, but this is total crap quality. Ordering from Krikzz, aka Retrogate will get you the cheapest and best quality product there is. I'm not surprised none of the other Everdrive dealers check-in on these boards.

Not correct, StoneAgeGamer has someone reading the board all the time, if something needs their attention, like a stoneagegamer specific problem, they make posts.   Other then SAG I have never seen any other resellers on the boards.
Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 01:50 AM »
SAG is good but I usually buy from retro because it's much cheaper. I don't need a $20 custom painted shell or label  8) those are for people who are terrible with dremmel or have lousy printer and are willing to pay a bit more for the goodies.

Offline skaman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 10:36 AM »
I'll also chime in that my Gamersection SD slot was improperly cut and came with no shields.  I had to dremel the cart a bit to get the slot aligned and shaped right.  I think they need a tutorial on how to cut the slot properly.  For the price of the cart, it bothered me a little bit but I did save a little compared to the other suppliers.

If you're the type of person that expects perfection when buying the cart, then I would suggest buying from one of the other suppliers.

Offline richisawesome

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Thought I'd give a positive review to a third party re-seller. I got my Everdrive from Emere.es, and it's very well made, using a blue case with no scratches or marks at all (the smudge on the front label is my fault)

SD Card slot is very well done too.

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57 AM »
I'll also chime in that my Gamersection SD slot was improperly cut and came with no shields.  I had to dremel the cart a bit to get the slot aligned and shaped right.  I think they need a tutorial on how to cut the slot properly.  For the price of the cart, it bothered me a little bit but I did save a little compared to the other suppliers.

If you're the type of person that expects perfection when buying the cart, then I would suggest buying from one of the other suppliers.

100% Agree, but for the price they ask they really need to spend the 5-10mins minutes to file down the sd card slot and stick the shield in.

For perfection I go to Stone Age Gamer, can't go with any more perfection then that.   I recently recived my RED Mega Everdrive and two Everdrive N8's one for me and one for my uncle, to go along with my SD2SNES from Stone Age gamer, and the craftsmanship on the cart is as near perfection as you can get IMO.

Whenever the Everdrive 64 v3 is released, I will get rid of this gamersection version and get a SAG version.  I did purchase a mint blue n64 cart from ebay and lable from SAG for my Everdrive 64 but still need to take the time to apply the label and swap the internals, but it will have a half size sd so you won't see the sd card.

Offline toronto1992

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 02:18 PM »
I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to give everyone an update on Gamersection. I just ordered an Everdrive 2.5 from them. The ordering process was relatively painless. They`re a little slow on answering emails (2-3 days before you get a response), but they are courteous and understanding. I also ordered an extension cord for my N64 controller which went on back order, and they removed it and refunded me for it so I could get my Everdrive more quickly.

When I received the Everdrive, it was beautiful. Unlike 2 years ago, the red cartridge was brand new with no scratches, the stickers were well printed, and the area cut out for the SD card was very clean. All in all, the cartridge looked very professional.

I know I`m only 1 review, but I have a feeling that Gamersection has stepped up and started delivering a quality Everdrive product.

Offline suicidalchair

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 07:01 AM »
I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to give everyone an update on Gamersection. I just ordered an Everdrive 2.5 from them. The ordering process was relatively painless. They`re a little slow on answering emails (2-3 days before you get a response), but they are courteous and understanding. I also ordered an extension cord for my N64 controller which went on back order, and they removed it and refunded me for it so I could get my Everdrive more quickly.

When I received the Everdrive, it was beautiful. Unlike 2 years ago, the red cartridge was brand new with no scratches, the stickers were well printed, and the area cut out for the SD card was very clean. All in all, the cartridge looked very professional.

I know I`m only 1 review, but I have a feeling that Gamersection has stepped up and started delivering a quality Everdrive product.

Good to hear, I actually just ordered another one from them today, I sold my last one with the N64 for a profit when I got bored of it and needed some money, but I got my wife a watermelon red n64 for christmas so i thought i would get this to go with it. I was debating if I wanted to spend the cash on it but when I seen my local retro store was selling mario party 2 for $120 I caved and bought another ED