Author Topic: New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review  (Read 14295 times)

Offline mikeveli20

• View Profile
Re: New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Good to hear, I actually just ordered another one from them today, I sold my last one with the N64 for a profit when I got bored of it and needed some money, but I got my wife a watermelon red n64 for christmas so i thought i would get this to go with it. I was debating if I wanted to spend the cash on it but when I seen my local retro store was selling mario party 2 for $120 I caved and bought another ED

Can you confirm that your newest Everdrive from Gamersection was also high quality just like toronto1992's? I'm thinking of ordering one from there myself. Are their prices in CDN dollars?

Offline Stuuts

• View Profile
Re: New to everdrive, Gamersection.ca Review
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 02:13 AM »
This thread is only getting older, but it was what I found when I first googled GamerSection. I recently received an EverDrive v3.0 from them and found the shipping painful, but I am happy with the product. It took sixteen long days for it to arrive from when I ordered it. Once I did get it I was really happy with the quality of the shell and it worked great.

I had an ED64 die on me two weeks after receiving it off eBay, and I was eager to get the real thing. I ordered from GamerSection because it was listed as an official dealer for my country and seems like an established company. They claimed most items ship in 48 hours. Three days after I placed the order I emailed and even called them to see if something was wrong, but I never got a response. On day nine I got an automatic email stating my order status had moved to, "03 - Processing", then twelve hours later, "05 - Ready". On day ten I received, "06 - Shipped", with a Canada Post tracking number. This number was valid but never activated. It wasn't until I picked up the package on day sixteen that I saw they gave me the wrong tracking number.

The cartridge came assembled in a reused box with a layer of bubble wrap and a receipt printed on the back of some schoolwork or something. The shell looks like a new grey universal cartridge mold. You can tell the slots were cut by hand but are neat and well done. The sticker quality looks OK and is positioned excellent. I loaded the software onto a SD card and it fired right up!