Author Topic: SD2SNES reset to menu on SuperCIC SNES  (Read 7376 times)

Offline actionless

• View Profile
SD2SNES reset to menu on SuperCIC SNES
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:43 AM »
Hello Folks

Just received my SD2SNES (amazing piece of kit!!) and I have a question/problem. On a normal unmodded Snes, to get back to the SD2SNES menu you just hold the reset button until all lights are filled and there you go. On a SuperCIC Snes when you hold the reset button the Snes will just cycle through 50HZ/60Z/Both and the SD2SNES does not reset. Is there a work around? I dont really want to be flicking the power switch all the time. I have both a modded and unmodded Snes to test, works fine on the unmodded so I know it is not the cartridge.

Cheers!

borti4938

Re: SD2SNES reset to menu on SuperCIC SNES
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:52 AM »
The SuperCIC controles the reset line in the SNES. So you have Reset Button -> SuperCIC -> Reset Line...

By holding the reset button longer than ~0.6s pressed the SuperCIC interprets this as you want to change the mode and does nothing on the reset line. But - of course - there is a work around implemented in the SuperCIC. If you hit the reset button twice within ~0.6s the SuperCIC holds the SNES in reset for around 6 second. You are entering the sd2snes main menu.

Best!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:54 AM by borti4938 »

Offline actionless

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 07:52 PM »
You star! Thats exactly what I needed, works a charm  :) I wasnt waiting long enough.

Many thanks

borti4938

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Great :)

Keep in mind: once the pairmode is activated (upcomming feature, switching 50/60 by menu) the reset button has to be pressed 1sec as the SuperCIC will just pass through the reset in pairmode!