Author Topic: NES Classics / Famicom Mini NES roms dumped?  (Read 5232 times)

Offline reprep

• View Profile
NES Classics / Famicom Mini NES roms dumped?
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:42 PM »
it is possible to dump NES roms from nes classics / famicom mini gba cartridges.

Nintendo made a few changes to the original roms. they changed the date in the title screen, that is understandable. but the biggest change was to the games' fonts.

as the gba screen has lower resolution than Nes and the screen is much wider, texts were harder to read in gba screen. that is a known problem in PocketNES. but for their nes classics series and famicom mini series, nintendo replaced the fonts so they are perfectly readable in GBA. i compared the original nes rom of the legend of Zelda and the rom i extracted from nes classics version,  both in PocketNES. the difference is night and day.

i couldn't find the GBA extracted NES roms in any ROM set. Gamecube extracted ones can be found,  but not GBA ones afaik.

does anyone have any more info for this?
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
Re: NES Classics / Famicom Mini NES roms dumped?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Just to make sure I understand, you're looking for the NES/Fami rom after being extracted from a dump of the GBA rom? If that's what you mean, I've never seen that either. The GBA roms for the NES Classics/Famicom Mini series are definitely available, and they're generally a PITA because they need patching before they'll work in anything.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
Re: NES Classics / Famicom Mini NES roms dumped?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Just to make sure I understand, you're looking for the NES/Fami rom after being extracted from a dump of the GBA rom? If that's what you mean, I've never seen that either. The GBA roms for the NES Classics/Famicom Mini series are definitely available, and they're generally a PITA because they need patching before they'll work in anything.

yup. i am looking for the NES/Fami roms extracted from GBA roms. i can get them, but i find it strange they aren't available in any rom set.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.