Author Topic: Cloned N8 everdrive  (Read 28676 times)

Offline subord99

• View Profile
Cloned N8 everdrive
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:41 AM »
I found this N8 in Chinese website aliexpress , sold by a trader named group rising international Ltd, probably a cloned item, please help me to verify this.  :'(

Offline brainmegaphone

• View Profile
Re: Cloned N8 everdrive
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51 AM »
I don't know the name but Krikzz does have a Chinese distributer that may also manufacturer the device with his permission.  They also support what they sell...  In any event if you are interested in the N8 I recommend buying from Retrogate not shopping around online - you never know what you'll get and it's not worth saving a couple bucks...

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:33 AM »
Here is the link, and he claim this is a genuine products and I almost getting confuse. >:(

removed
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:08 PM by KRIKzz »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:05 PM »
if that is the manufacturer krikzz talked about, the price is great. i will recommend it to a few friends.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 06:07 PM »
This is clone. Asshole who make this clone, cloned old EDMD and Super-ED also. It is NOT official china ver. Once and forever: all official dealers listed on krikzz.com, all other, especially from taobao or aliexperess, is clones mostly

Offline brainmegaphone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 07:29 PM »
I know money is tight for many people - and these types are luxuries (i.e. not food or rent) but at the end of the day it's not like knocking a $100 item to $15...  so I struggle to understand why people don't order from Krikzz or SAG. 

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Yes Krikzz is not exactly Microsoft so you are not sticking it to the man when buying a knockoff. Just screwing him out of monies which could go toward new products, updates, etc.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 08:31 PM »
well, i bought all my everdrives (4 for now) from retrogate. a friend of mine sent me the now erased link and asked if it is official product. afte learning it isn't, i told him to just pay 20-30$ more and buy the real thing.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline strider1911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 01:46 AM »
Agreed, the knock offs are too expensive to consider even if you have no interest in supporting Krikzz. Everdrives feel high quality. Besides, from what I understood from him thr N8 has some sort of encryption. He says he wouldn't be surprised if the unit stop functioning quickly, probably after the next firmware update. 

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 02:29 AM »
Its from China, almost everything from there is a knock off
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline justinwebb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 02:41 AM »
I almost feel like he was trying to promote his product here.

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 04:42 AM »
This is clone. Asshole who make this clone, cloned old EDMD and Super-ED also. It is NOT official china ver. Once and forever: all official dealers listed on krikzz.com, all other, especially from taobao or aliexperess, is clones mostly

Thanks for the clarification, luckly I haven't pay  to him yet , I think now my choice should be the official website. :) :)

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 04:45 AM »
I almost feel like he was trying to promote his product here.

Nope! This is not my intention , I just need answer ,before I place any order.

Offline Lord-Raziel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 05:48 AM »
Mmm the worst is that it says everdrive and has the krikzz name on it as if it were original :( y remembered I knew about the everdrive and all Krikzz stuff after reviewing in internet the everdrive 64 ripoff called ed64plus and it was mentioned the bad quality in comparison with the original everdrive 64, that's why I bought mine from retrogate and no regreats, I'll buy soonly a super everdrive :), Krikzz are you planning something against this kind of ripoff like when you release de everdrive 64 v2?

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 07:20 AM »

Hi Krikzz,

Knowing your country situation, is it safe that I order from retrogate directly?

Will it delay my order?