Author Topic: X-perts resets MegaED after 2H past "final/timeout" explosion. MegaED unstable?  (Read 6054 times)

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
Yesterday night I played X-perts and got caught in it.
Not a good game by any mean but I got caught in it.
Around 2H in it the game likely kick me out, I saw an explosion on screen and then the MegaED reset, literally I got back to the file menu after the green/yellow screen color cycle.
I do not use in game cheats or menu or anything.
Is it a normal behavior for X-perts to resets upon 2H past the explosion I saw?
Maybe as a mean to tell the player he lost.

Or is megaED unstable or the ROM dump bad (goodsdet)?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
mega-ed should not reboot in any case. It this happens with more old version of OS?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Do you think it could of been a power issue? The ED64 has restarted on me on my new n64, which never happened on the old one so I figured it probably didnt have enough draw so it restarted. Try to replicate that event (cheats or no cheats). Btw, what os were you using like Krikzz said?
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
I was using OS v9.

It's going to be really hard for me to try it again because I believe the game triggers the "explosion" scene at the 2H mark, and I really do not have 2H.
I have a 2A power supply that I use, my Genesis 2 has been mod by me to replace the video encoder with a Sony CXA 2075 which uses more power but still.

I don't know if with this particular game you can just leave it on for 2H after you have defeated the first henchmen, to see if it triggers the reset on its own.
The way the game works after you have defeat the first henchmen your players are in a safe zone so if 2H is the time limit then leaving it on there should trigger the reset .... but this is just speculation.
Someone here http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?24502-Revisting-X-Perts&p=573910&viewfull=1#post573910 seems to have gotten a freeze at 2H so maybe the game has issues on its own.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:10 PM by phoenixdownita »

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Someone here http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?24502-Revisting-X-Perts&p=573910&viewfull=1#post573910 seems to have gotten a freeze at 2H so maybe the game has issues on its own.
I wouldnt doubt that this game is that bad that the rom caused the Mega ED to restart  ;) (poorly made pirates games and multicarts do the same crap). I guess it is really only worth testing your theory by leaving it on for 2H cause you would probably die of boredom trying to replicate that event (wow this game looks bad  ;D. )
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
An alternative would be if someone finds a AR/GS code to set the counter to 1h59m, that  way it's going to be quick theory to test.