Author Topic: NES emulator for SNES?  (Read 19120 times)

Offline akina86

• View Profile
NES emulator for SNES?
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:14 AM »
i did some searching and couldn't find anything. i was wondering if anyone else might know if there is an emulator that lets you play NES roms on an SNES using the Super Everdrive? it seems kind of like a silly thing to ask, but until the NES Everdrive comes out i would like to play some Famicom games on a crt. i kind of already know the answer to the question, but it would be surprising to find out if there was a way.

Offline Redifer

• DO! BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
    • Game Sack
Re: NES emulator for SNES?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 06:33 AM »
The SNES isn't anywhere near powerful enough to emulate NES games. The N64 even has difficulty doing it.

Offline akina86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:47 AM »
sounds like a good enough answer for me. at least it's nice to know that NES Everdrive is hopefully right around the corner.

Offline pckid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29 PM »
hello

You wait the Nes / Famicom everdrive , and you buy this :

http://www.dascheap.com/retroport-adapter-nes-to-snes-cartridge-adapter-retro-bit.html

and for the genesis :
http://www.dascheap.com/retrogen-sega-genesis-game-adapter.html

You ll can play nes, snes, sms , megadrive on your snes and maybe gameboy

Offline akina86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:38 AM »
lol  ;D yeah, i have seen those, i think they are made by the same people that made the super ufo pro 8. i bought the pro 8  :P and i am now saving to get the Super Everdrive to take its place. i think i will just sit tight and wait for the NES Everdrive and pick up the super and the nes everdrives at the same time.

Offline pckid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Hello  Akina

What's difference between ufo pro 8 and super everdrive, i have super everdrive and i don't know the difference.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30 AM »
super ufo doesnt support long file names, and also u need a dsp1 cart plugged in top of it to run a few more games like the superED, however super ufo can be used to backup ur original carts, i wished id have bought a superED now super ufo pees me off cos of the file names :(
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline akina86

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:26 AM »
yeah, the pro 8 was okay when i didn't know the super everdrive existed, but it isn't something i would really recommend unless you don't care about messing with menus and crap to make sure your game saves to the memory card since it doesn't do it as easily as the everdrive, i have also noticed some minor issues with certain games like super ghouls and ghosts. it won't play the game smooth until it runs through a round of demos, it wierd.i got mine for like $65 bucks, but i look back and think; "if only i had known about the everdrives then..." if you were considering a pro 8 DON'T, you will just be like me, saving up to get a Super Everdrive.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 01:39 PM »
hmm...i aint tried super ghouls and ghosts yet
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B