Author Topic: EDN8 OS V10  (Read 27838 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EDN8 OS V10
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:00 PM »
nesos-v10 04.07.2014
1) Seven more mappers with save state support.
2) FDS sound improvement.
3) Option for A/B button functions swap (for menu).
4) File browser remember and  returns to last position after reset, instead of go to root.
5) Minor bugfix.
6) No "SRAM backup" options anymore, cart always backup saves.

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=everdrive-n8%2FOS

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
Re: EDN8 OS V10
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:15 PM »
You are awesome KRIKzz! What mappers are new?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Is the FDS sound closer to the real deal? Would love to see a video hearing the new os update in action.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:38 PM »
excellent news!  8)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:52 PM »
Is the FDS sound closer to the real deal? Would love to see a video hearing the new os update in action.
I think now it closer to the real.

You should compare mappers.png, my lazy ass did not noted mappers numbers and head does not remember (:

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:08 PM »
I think now it closer to the real.

You should compare mappers.png, my lazy ass did not noted mappers numbers and head does not remember (:
Freaking sweet! Im getting too eager to pick one of these up :)! Gotta wait to get this and the SD2SNES at the same time.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:03 AM »
just wondering krikzz, does low g man work properly now? was hoping it would be fixed since your info stated minor bugfix got me thinking maybe the game support is fixed.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 12:07 AM »
just wondering krikzz, does low g man work properly now? was hoping it would be fixed since your info stated minor bugfix got me thinking maybe the game support is fixed.
What wrong with this game? I run it and can't see any problems

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 12:15 AM »
it seems to run fine at first but if you use the boomerang weapon the graphics garble at the bottom of the screen and also if you get to level 1-3 the game crashes altogether. also sometimes when you die game over it freezes and wont let you continue and enter password. after level 1-1 the game just seems to become unstable and ropey altogether.
 the problems was discovered by Aether Knight and we discussed the issues here http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.90 and i verified the problems but i guess you must have missed it.
 it's our our fault for not bringing it to your attention directly and leaving the info in that thread tbh.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 12:51 AM »
No problem! It looks like I misunderstood. Some mappers that were already supported got save state support.

I really like the swap button option. I always got it wrong before.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:30 AM »
it seems to run fine at first but if you use the boomerang weapon the graphics garble at the bottom of the screen and also if you get to level 1-3 the game crashes altogether. also sometimes when you die game over it freezes and wont let you continue and enter password. after level 1-1 the game just seems to become unstable and ropey altogether.
 the problems was discovered by Aether Knight and we discussed the issues here http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.90 and i verified the problems but i guess you must have missed it.
 it's our our fault for not bringing it to your attention directly and leaving the info in that thread tbh.
Somebody have cart with this game? I guess that game may use similar to MMC3 mapper, but not MMC3, like it was with Incredible Crash Dummies

Offline magnus87

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 03:03 AM »
Thanks Krikzz!!  ;D

Offline xamphear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50 AM »
I am getting Error 23 or Error 24 for all of my FDS roms now. They all work again if I go back to OS version 9.1

Is anyone else having this problem?

Offline papa_november

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 06:06 AM »
Low G Man has a real MMC3 in it, I've cracked open several copies back when I was burning repros.

Apparently the game relies on some sort of condition/trick called open bus, which used to cause problems on emulators and possibly earlier versions of the PowerPak firmware.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Sweet! A/B menu function swapping option, and better FDS sound emulation? Now we are talking!

Somebody have cart with this game? I guess that game may use similar to MMC3 mapper, but not MMC3, like it was with Incredible Crash Dummies
Here is the board http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=498