Author Topic: GB everdrive and gb boy.  (Read 19257 times)

Offline tic

• View Profile
GB everdrive and gb boy.
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:02 AM »
Hi! I have the super everdrive(and i very happy with it).

Now,from a birthay of a friend I buy a game boy china clone "gb Boy colour" . I select this instead the original game boy  because  he have backlight, and is "new" from factory :).

I was thinking buy the gb everdrive to use in the gb, but I read it not work in the gb colour here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512997&page=72

I'ts true?, gb everdrive not work with the gb? :(. The console is supposed a hardware clone of game boy.

This is the console( for reference).

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Colorful-handheld-video-Console-clone-game-player-with-backlit-crystal-blue-and-purple-color-same-function/426976_1557455152.html

Thanks.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
Re: GB everdrive and gb boy.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37 AM »
what this guy/girl said is wrong. I have gb boy colour and the everdrive gb works totally fine on it.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline Joybit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:11 AM »
Seconded, the Everdrive GB works perfectly (as far as I can tell) in the GB Boy Colour.

Offline xan_racketBOY_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:29 AM »

Like these guys said - it works perfectly! This is my current setup of playing everdrive gb and I love it. The backlight screen produces an incredibly crisp picture and the speakers are louder than an original gameboy color. Go for it, you won't regret it  8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:46 AM by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:00 PM »
The only cons of the GB BOY Colour is that it doesn't have the exact ratio of the original screen (it has been described in this forum already, but just for reminding...)

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Well, at least is possible view it, I have the game boy advance original, and is more dark that the space hehe. I think it was designed for the people of Krypton.

The screen ratio problem is normal, i think nobody today made screens with the exact size of the orginal game boy. So is imposible made a exact clone.

I'll take it, but I'll have to wait for them to replenish first hehe. emere is out of gb everdrive  now.

Offline tokumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17 PM »
The Super Game Boy doesn't have the same screen ratio as the original GB and it's an official Game Boy console.

Does anyone know of other problems with the GB Boy? Any accuracy issues maybe?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:20 PM »
The sound. I heard it's very inaccurate, which is a big turn-off for me.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16 PM »
lately i do my gb gaming either on my gb boy or on my backlit modded GBA.

for games that i don't care about accurate sound and slightly incorrect aspect ratio, i take gb boy. it has larger screen, better ergonomics for me. For games i want 1:1 accuracy on both video and audio, i use my AGB-101.

for its price (20$ including shipping last time i checked) gb boy colour shouldn't be missed. Hell it is worth the price even if you only play gameboy tetris on it.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline chopsticksamurai

• View Profile
    • ChopstickSamurai.com
GB everdrive and gb boy.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:55 AM »
I've been using the GB Boy Colour for awhile now and absolutely love it. For a knock off system it's really great. For the price I can totally recommend it.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:54 AM »
The Super Game Boy doesn't have the same screen ratio as the original GB and it's an official Game Boy console.

That's a little different than stretching out the picture on an LCD that has a different resolution, although Nintendo does offer that as an option with backwards compatibility on the GBA, Game Boy Player, and the 3DS.

Offline xan_racketBOY_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58 PM »
The sound. I heard it's very inaccurate, which is a big turn-off for me.
Sounds pretty legit to me.

Offline thx1138

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 12:39 PM »
I have a GB colour and yes it works with my GB everdrive , the only odd thing for me is the sound , when you use headphones on it it dose not cut out the loud speaker so both are going , and the volume dial dose not trun the volume all the way down , you turn it all the way down you can till hear loud sound, apart from that it is great , just wish i could fix the sound issues some how

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Does anyone know of other problems with the GB Boy? Any accuracy issues maybe?
I have one and although I like it, it has two major issues for me:

Only left channel audio comes through the speakers. Fine for Mono games, but makes stereo games unplayable. If anyone knows of a fix for this, please let me know. Headphone stereo audio is fine. Unfortunately the case is shaped slightly differently that the original GBC, so none of the cheap aftermarket stereo speaker accessories (like the Shock 'N Rock) fit it.

Video blurring filter when anything is in motion. It does the same thing that a bad RGB to HDMI adapter does. Whenever there is motion all moving pixels are smoothed/rounded, resulting in motion blur. It's pin sharp when the picture is static, but blurs during any motion.

It is a stellar product for $28/shipped, but is nowhere near the quality of the original screen or even the AGS-101 as some have claimed. If you are a picky about AV quality these issues will seriously bug you, but 99% of regular users wouldn't even notice I'm sure.

I've actually recapped my GB Boy Colour and installed a DS speaker to replace the original. Sound is improved, but I'm waiting for someone to explain how to wire it for stereo audio out of the speaker.

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 09:51 PM »
There's only a single speaker, there is no way to get mono out of it. It's just the same as the original DMG, GB Pocket, GB Color, GBA and GBA SP. Stereo only comes out of the headphone jack.

Also for me the screen is sharp, the colors are slightly less vibrant out than on the AGS 101 screen, but I could not notice any blur compared to the AGB 001, AGS 001, AGS 101 and the GB Color display. Can you name a few games that have this issue? Are you also sure you're not mixing it up with the GB Boy? The GB Boy was unlit black/white and had horrible screen blur, way worse even than the original DMG model.