Author Topic: Failed/Dead Super Everdrive Repair  (Read 2557 times)

Offline StarshipUK

• View Profile
Failed/Dead Super Everdrive Repair
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:42 PM »
I have a Super Everdrive V1.5 23/04/11 with DSP chip fitted that I bought from a seller quite a while back. The cart has been fitted in a old Powerpak case for protection and to make sure it gets plugged in the right way round.

I took the cart to use at a Retro Gaming Event last weekend (NERG) https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewrunagall/14622543132/in/set-72157645606889741/ where it was working fine. Then the damn electricians who were doing testing did something and when the reconnected the power I guess there was a surge and the Super Everdrive stopped working. The American SNES and all other 58 systems I had plugged in are fine - for some reason it just seems to have zapped my beloved SNES Everdrive cart. Just getting a blank screen when using it (tried it on two American SNES units) and had to use original carts in that SNES for the rest of the weekend which worked fine (I am gonna try and buy a couple of original carts for each system now to take to events incase this happens again!).

I am guessing it will be cheaper to repair than buy a replacement. Does Krikzz or any one else repair these?

I bought it so long back I am guessing it would be well out of warranty.

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
Re: Failed/Dead Super Everdrive Repair
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Best case: the chip (cpld or fpga, can't remember what it uses) got erased and needs to be reprogrammed. Worse case, chip is fried and would need to be replaced.

Usually Krikzz will ask you to send it to him for repair.

Online KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Failed/Dead Super Everdrive Repair
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33 AM »
you can send it to me for repair