Author Topic: Everdrive MD - prog error: 100  (Read 7249 times)

Offline dgdgagdae

• View Profile
Everdrive MD - prog error: 100
« on: November 17, 2012, 10:42 PM »
After loading ATP Championship Tennis, any new ROM I try to load gives me an error of "prog error: 100" when trying to flash.  I can set sram auto backup to OFF, and then they load fine, but I don't know if saves work correctly when I do that.  Everything was working fine for days, and this just started happening.  Formatting my SD card did not help.

If I have sram auto backup set to ON, it's trying to write the same 0 KB file (named the same as the ROM I try to load) to the EDMD\SAVE directory.  If I pop the SD card into my PC, I see multiple copies of "Atomic Runner.srm", for example, all with 0 bytes.

It's like there's something corrupted in SRAM, and I can't erase it.  Help!

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive MD - prog error: 100
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:39 AM »
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=78.0

What I ended up doing was this:
-With the SD card connected to your computer, take your ROMS and whatever SAVE files you want to keep and put them on the desktop of your computer.
-Format your SD card on your computer using THIS. (works better than the stock OS formatter)
-Update to the newest EMD HERE.
-Format again using the program, then put your files back on the SD card.

Offline dgdgagdae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Interestingly, I just got my EverDrive from Stone Age Gamer last week, and it came with OS 33.  They also list 33 as the current version, although Krikzz has 35 at the link you posted.

I got it working before updating it by setting hard reset to ON.  After that, I was able to set auto backup to ON again, and games would load.  They didn't seem to be saving back to the SAVE folder again, though.  I was able to set hard reset back to OFF with no problems.

So I updated to 35.  I thought I couldn't do that, which is why I started a new topic.  I didn't realize that updating the OS was so painless, and that it wasn't the same as flashing the firmware.

Even after updating to 35, I didn't see saves being backed up to the SAVE folder.  But I realized it was only backing up if it saw a change.  For example, I couldn't go into Sonic 3 and start my saved game, then just exit, start a different game, and expect it to backup.  I had to actually make a change to the save, such as starting a new save slot.  Then it would back up if I started a different game.

So - where are saves stored? It doesn't look like it saves them in the .MD file of the game itself, based on the time and date stamp.  And under what conditions exactly does it make a backup into the SAVE folder?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Save files sroted in EDMD/SAVE folder. Cart will make save file only in case if game will change save ram data

Offline dgdgagdae

• View Profile
Everdrive MD - prog error: 100
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 07:48 AM »
So where is the save stored when it doesn't change? Are they saved in files on the cart that I can't see?

If my edmd/save folder is empty, the save is still being loaded from somewhere.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22 PM »
Save data located inside of onboard ram, cart make a copy of ram data on sd only when you change the game and only if save data in ram was modified