Author Topic: Everdrive GB constantly resets on a Gameboy Pocket  (Read 30443 times)

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GB constantly resets on a Gameboy Pocket
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03 AM »
I got a GB Pocket today and I had no trouble flashing a game or playing it with my Eneloop AAAs.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline skylar

• Predator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 06:55 PM »
got my everdrive today as well and my fav gameboy is the pocket. so far it's working great with duracell industrials (of which i got an unlimited supply trough work, free of charge offcourse :p) i also got a set of eneloop pro's 900mAH but they gave me a bad result out of the box ( they are charging now) i hope it will be better once they are charged cuz even tho it says on the packaging that they are ready to go i could barely flash a rom with it. ill report back in a few days to tell you if either the industrial duracells or the eneloops are better

Offline remax

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 11:50 AM »
Just to confirm i had this problem and fixed it by changing my memory card.

Now with a 4Gb Kingstom SD card, i can use my AmazonBasics Rechargeable Batteries, even when a bit low on power, whereas with my previous SD card, even a charger was not powerful enough to flash a game !

Offline chattik

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Hi guys,

Just bought the edgb for gb pocket and have the same problems. Do you have any update on the solution? (besides better batteries, and sd card format/ replace).

Thank you in advance

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 03:34 AM »
chattik, you can try this fw:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3821.0
It's slightly lower on power consumption when flashing roms.

Offline chattik

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 01:05 PM »
Thank you I have already tried this with no luck. I will try with better batteries or the DC adapter. This is a joke though it should be mentioned in the product page that GBP is not supported. Tried it in a GBA SP and works fine by the way.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Use a different device to flash the game, then pop the cart into your Pocket, load it up, and press the start button B) That's what I usually do.

I also always keep a spare set of batteries on me, so I can quickly swap when one pair needs to be recharged.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Another tip, maybe try "uninstalling" the OS update. It's only been a few days, but since installing it, my batteries seem to drain a lot faster than usual.

I'm going to try without it for a couple days and see if I get improvements.

Edit: Nevermind. I think this pair of batteries is just getting old, because I'm not noticing much of a difference.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:30 AM by Asaki »

Offline matthewwithanm

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 08:50 AM »
I'm seeing this with one of my ROMs on a GBASP ):

Brand new batteries.

Offline parski

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 12:35 AM »
free of charge offcourse :p
You might want to check out the charged variant of the aforementioned battery.

Offline kyouki

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 04:05 AM »
First post and major thread necromancy!

Here are my findings on this issue:

I first tried using Everdrive GB with a Game Boy Pocket (Atomic Purple, with power LED) running eneloop pro batteries (930 mAh). The Everdrive would boot up and I could write one game, but from then on I could only go so far as getting the Everdrive GUIā€”could not write any games, and couldn't even boot the game that was already loading in the Everdrive. Switching to AC power didn't help at all actually, though switching to alkaline batteries did (though performance was unstable).

I then got a Game Boy Pocket (Green, without power LED), and it works perfectly even on the eneloop pro batteries.  Everdrive boots up without a problem every single time, and I can then load the game or write a new one without a problem.

One interesting thing I found: running an Everdrive with a Worm Light in the EXT port is basically impossible.  You have to set the contrast to max black and even then the game is barely visible.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 02:27 AM »
ninjainspandex Your troubles could be due sd card. Some sd cards has really high power consumption during read/write operations. GB Pocket has very weak power supply circuit and sd card consumption just overload it