Author Topic: Save function  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Whiskey

• View Profile
Save function
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Hay everyone i think about buy an SD2SNES as its alot batter then the "Super EverDrive"

Anyways whats the big diffrent what i can see it handle saves but the "Super EverDrive" don´t and it also support alot more games then the "Super EverDrive"!

Does it work on every game?

But maybe someone that knows more about it can fill me in as im don´t know mutch about this things also tell me how the save function works in SD2SNES as i don´t really understand it when i read about it

I also see that "Mega Everdrive" has "snapshot saves" while SD2SNES has "automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs)" what is the diffrent?

Can be good to know before you buy any of them

/ Whiskey
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:07 PM by Whiskey »
Flash Carts I Own: ED64Plus / Mega Everdrive (Deluxe)

Consoles i own: NES / SMS / Genesis 1 (2) / Genesis 2 / Sega-CD 2 / Sega Mutli-Mega / SNES / Amiga CD32 / Sega Saturn / PSX (5) / PSXOne / N64 / DC / PS2 / PS2 Slim / GC (3) / XBOX (3) / PS3 / PS3 S Slim / X360 (Arcade/Elite/Slim) / Wii

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Save function
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05 PM »
Hello again!!!
As i said in the other post, the SD2SNES does not require sram due to it saving instantly to the sd card while the power is on, while the Super Everdrive has sram. In theory, all saves will work fine on both (even though they are implemented differently) its just the fact that the SD2SNES can play more games. It was developed by Ikari (who is on these forums as well) and built by Krikzz, while the Super ED V2 is completely Krikzz's baby.
Hope that helps again :)!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:36 AM by Paulweeze »
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES