Author Topic: Which Hyperkin Retron systems does the SD2SNES work with?  (Read 8408 times)

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
Which Hyperkin Retron systems does the SD2SNES work with?
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:14 AM »
I was thinking about getting the sd2snes this month, and was wondering which hyperkin retron systems it would work with exactly. Thanks

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Which Hyperkin Retron systems does the SD2SNES work with?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:42 AM »
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1904.0
Apparently the Retro Duo Portable v2.0 and Retron 2 work with it (and maybe R3 if same schematics as R2 + Genesis), but never quote me on this because...
1. I do not own any clones anymore so i cannot vouch
2. Clone hardware via Hyperkin can have mysterious revisions to their hardware that can be detrimental to playing flash carts
3. Clone hardware (even though i can respect it, even more than glorified emulators like the R5) is NOT the real deal, which Krikzz (and assuming Ikari) test on multiple revisions of the real hardware before determining it to be good enough to sell
So, there is no guarentee on if it will truely work, and for the case of the N8, it might work but not every function (save states, FDS games, ect.). Best thing would be to get an actual SNES is you want guarentee or true warranty if it doesnt work on your real console.
Hope that helps :).
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Thanks Paulweeze for the information.

I must have been under a rock these past 5-10 years. I had a multi game doctor back in the day when SNES/Genesis were the systems to have.

I just started looking at everdrive/sd2snes just this week.

I so wish i would have kept all my NES/SNES/Genesis games now that i think of it. :(

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 08:32 AM »
No problem, i encourage others to post their experiences here as well.
I so wish i would have kept all my NES/SNES/Genesis games now that i think of it. :(
One day ill sell most of mine, for a everdrive can do much more than retail games :).
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
    • mrGREEK360's Tech & Gaming YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 01:04 AM »
Get a Retrobit Retro Duo Portable 2 for portable system, works 100% Unlike the Hyperkin SupaBoy where its a crapshoot if you will end p with a SupaBoy that will work on Battery power with the SD2SNES.  The Retro Duo Portable V2 works with the SD2SNES great on battery, my only complaint is the buttons sound a bit loud but they feel great.   Make sure you get a RDP version 2 and not version 1 they are written on the box,
Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Other Flash Carts - EZ Flash IV (GBA), Passcard 3 (DS), Gateway (3DS), R4i (DS)

http://www.youtube.com/liquidg

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 02:10 AM »
Get a Retrobit Retro Duo Portable 2 for portable system, works 100% Unlike the Hyperkin SupaBoy where its a crapshoot if you will end p with a SupaBoy that will work on Battery power with the SD2SNES.  The Retro Duo Portable V2 works with the SD2SNES great on battery, my only complaint is the buttons sound a bit loud but they feel great.   Make sure you get a RDP version 2 and not version 1 they are written on the box,
thanks i will definitely check out the RDP version 2

also other than on the box, is there an easy way to determine if it is a version 1.0 or 2.0?

Offline zaneiken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39 PM »
also other than on the box, is there an easy way to determine if it is a version 1.0 or 2.0?

The 2.0 typically says "Core Edition" on the box as it doesn't come with the 2 Super Retro Controllers that the 1.0 came with.
The 1.0 has a fat d-pad, and face buttons that have a slightly misaligned formation.
The 2.0 has slimmer d-pad, and the face buttons are in the proper diamond layout.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:41 PM by zaneiken »