Author Topic: Removed  (Read 6386 times)

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
Removed
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:26 AM »
-removed-
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:37 PM by jimmyemunoz »
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline akina86

• View Profile
Re: How to: Turbo Grafx-16 S-Video & Composite Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Nice write up, i would love to see a tutorial with photos! since we are talking TG16 and PC Engine A/V mods, i made a few videos on the subject. in fact, i recently updated my PC Engine composite mod to an even smaller and easier way to go about it. the main reason i decided to make the mod smaller is because there isn't a lot of space on the PC Engine to add the needed RCA jacks. while i have seen it done; i wasn't especially fond of the end result. by using a simple 3 or 4 conductor 3.5mm stereo headphone jack or a jack similar to the ones used on some camcorders you can make a nice compact port for your PC Engine or Turbografx 16. the other reason i changed it to this type of jack is because it is plain easier to deal with, it doesn't require making a special cable or de-soldering the RF unit. anyway, check out my latest video and refer to the previous ones on a little more detail about solder points and what not. oh and thanks for the s-video write up, i think i will give it a go. i will probably put the s-video jack in place of the USB mod i previously made and add the 4 conductor jack to the back of it as well for sound and optional composite. and i am not trying to hijack your post, i just enjoyed it and thought i could add to it. i love it when people add more functionality to old systems.

Video Demo of my mod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYvcrGGg-8&feature=plcp

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23 AM »
I posted the s-video for a pc engine on my forum a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ1sQSK5hXo

I also did this mod on a pc engine duo and it works great, however the solder places are obviously different and I never bothered taking pics.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:28 AM by Drakon »

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:10 AM by jimmyemunoz »
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13 AM »

Offline Majestic_Lizard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 06:39 PM »
If all you want is composite video (and not S/Video) for the Turbo Graphics, you do not even need to alter the console. You can do all your modifications to the empty plastic cover. You can also create an expansion for the power jack so that you can plug your AC adapter directly into this.

I used USB connectors to plug into the pins and they fit the pins on the back of the console perfectly. All you have to do is put the wires into the holes that correspond with Right Audio, Left Audio, Video, and two grounds. Then you put the RCA jacks on the empty shell and connect to the wires. I also added a power jack to the plastic shell so that you do not have to remove the entire shell just to unplug the console.

It is an easy way and uses parts that anyone probably has lying around. You can even get the USB headers out of a dead PC.

The homemade version also takes up a lot less real estate on your entertainment center than the ridiculous hunk of plastic that is the "Turbo Booster".
[img width= height=]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3741/page1ri.jpg[/img]