Author Topic: SRAM not working?  (Read 15325 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SRAM not working?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I glad to hear that all fine now. I twist pcb when i tested games, so usually i can detect such problems before than send cart, but i not twist pcb when i tested ram

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 12:41 AM »
It might be something you've already thought of, Krikzz, but I found Super Metroid to be the perfect tool for checking the FRAM while twisting the PCB, since it goes to the anti-piracy screen if it detects any errors with the SRAM. Much faster than any other method I could come up with.

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43 AM »
removed
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:01 PM by jimmyemunoz »
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Good deal! Was it leg 10 counting down from the top of the flashcard on the right side of the EPM240 chip?  :)

I don't know for sure which leg it was, since I just used a small Weller heat torch and applied an entire side of the EPM240 at a time.
It was definitely the chip's left side (right side of the flashcard PCB), so it could have very well been the leg you're referencing.
I kind of got tired of trying to narrow down/diagnose... so I went at somewhat of a brute force approach by resoldering everything in sight :)