Author Topic: Everdrive n8 rom support  (Read 3889 times)

Offline FastFourierTransform

• View Profile
Everdrive n8 rom support
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:20 PM »
So, I bought an official everdrive from the list just so I could play a 2 megabyte nes game. I am waiting for the everdrive to reach me, but I started to have concerns because both the chr and prg chips (not that I would know what they do) combined are less that 2 megabytes. Do you think it works?

BTW: The everdrive is gonna take at least 3 weeks to reach me. The game can be found right here: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/nes/lei-dian-huang-bi-ka-qiu-chuan-shuo-nj046/                                                  The mapper is compatible, but I dont know if its compatible with the everdrive. Can someone test this???

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Re: ROM size limit
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:45 PM »
this will not run. If you look at the specs page here: http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

2 x 512Kbyte SRAM for PRG and CHR data.

so that's 1mbyte combined, your file is 2mbytes so no luck.

Offline FastFourierTransform

• View Profile
Everdrive n8 rom support
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Does the everdrive accept 2mbyte roms?
Here is the rom: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/nes/lei-dian-huang-bi-ka-qiu-chuan-shuo-nj046/

Please, can someone test this rom?

Edit: I accidentally purchased a fake everdrive. It said that the game was totally compatible, but of course it didn't work. I wanted someone to verify that it worked for sure, and not count up kilobytes. I don't know how the nes or the everdrive works, so If you want to be helpful, please try it for yourself and post the results.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:07 PM by FastFourierTransform »

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive n8 rom support
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:37 PM »
For the last time, no. 512 + 512 = 1024 or 1 mb
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 12:33 AM »
Edit: I accidentally purchased a fake everdrive. It said that the game was totally compatible, but of course it didn't work. I wanted someone to verify that it worked for sure, and not count up kilobytes. I don't know how the nes or the everdrive works, so If you want to be helpful, please try it for yourself and post the results.
The answer was already posted in another thread, stop spamming. Your ROM will not work, and if you don't know about kilobytes and megabytes then I don't know what to tell you. That's computers 101.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 01:01 AM »
Keep in mind that if you're under the age of 16, it's recommended that you have the permission of your parents or legal guardians to be on the internet.