Author Topic: SD2SNES fw 0.1.7 pre  (Read 11702 times)

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
SD2SNES fw 0.1.7 pre
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:52 AM »
It seems Ikari has released a pre-release of firmware 0.1.7 a couple of days ago

http://sd2snes.de/blog/archives/428

For the direct link:
http://sd2snes.de/files/sd2snes_firmware_v0.1.7pre.zip

Also it seems cx4.bin is no longer needs as it is now included in the fpga code (fpga_cx4.bit file).
SatellaView is broken at the moment so if you want it stick to 0.1.6 for now.

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES fw 0.1.7 pre
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:22 PM »
thanks for the heads up!
I see now that there are in-game keys, so the IGR addon for the superCIC is becoming obsolete?

Offline TheRetromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16 PM »
thanks for the heads up!
I see now that there are in-game keys, so the IGR addon for the superCIC is becoming obsolete?

Not as such, as IGR on the SD2SNES is broken on MSU-1 enhanced games, as well as spotty ones here and there.
Code is sacred to programmers - Krikzz' stuff is the holy grail.  It's literally like asking if you can stick your finger up the Pope's arse.

The best way to learn is to ask questions.  Remember, there are no stupid questions - only stupid people, and stupid people DON'T ASK QUESTIONS.

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:09 AM »
yeah I've read the comments on the release... so it's a menu option whether you want to use the sd2snes igr functions or you have to press the disable shortcut each time for games that don't like it? Haven't tested the menu yet, I need a couple of days before I can  :-\

borti4938

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Note that the current implementation of the NMI hook is not compatible with the IGR-PIC installed in the SNES (e.g. resets on 'arbitrary' button combinations). Ikari plans to use the auto joypad read (AJR) result if AJR is active. This will fix it. Still, the current implementation will remain as fallback if AJR is not used by a game. -> http://sd2snes.de/blog/archives/428#comment-877560

Sofar, I know two games do not use the AJR of the SNES: World League Basketball and VS Collection.

To keep a long story short:
Try the v0.1.7 preview on SNESes without the PIC-IGR!

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 12:10 PM »
thanks for clearing things up borti4938  :)

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 10:59 AM »
 v0.1.7 preview 2 is out now with some fixed issues .....
My only problem with that new release is the "On-the-fly file browsing"  , it could be nice to get a enable/disable option in a future release because it take a time to each time open a folder when you have a lots of roms Inside ( especially when you didn't add new roms frequently like me   :P )

Everything else is pure happiness  ;D...
Thank you Ikari!

Offline TheRetromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50 PM »
v0.1.7 preview 2 is out now with some fixed issues .....
My only problem with that new release is the "On-the-fly file browsing"  , it could be nice to get a enable/disable option in a future release because it take a time to each time open a folder when you have a lots of roms Inside ( especially when you didn't add new roms frequently like me   :P )

Everything else is pure happiness  ;D...
Thank you Ikari!

I find that separating ROMs into alphabetical folders (plus 'Hacks', 'Test ROMs', 'MSU-1', etc) makes on-the-fly effectively as quick as a preloaded database.  Of course, I also pick and choose what games I want, so I don't have them all bogging it down.
Code is sacred to programmers - Krikzz' stuff is the holy grail.  It's literally like asking if you can stick your finger up the Pope's arse.

The best way to learn is to ask questions.  Remember, there are no stupid questions - only stupid people, and stupid people DON'T ASK QUESTIONS.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:26 PM »
At first , I also put my roms in separate folders by letters like in my everdrives , but when i discovered that it could handle 16380 per directory , i changed it ...

Offline TheRetromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 07:22 PM »
At first , I also put my roms in separate folders by letters like in my everdrives , but when i discovered that it could handle 16380 per directory , i changed it ...

But now that it's on-the-fly, that's no longer as practical as it was before, is it?

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Still a hassle to find stuff sometimes, though. At least in my opinion. Mine are more or less broken out by around 100 roms per folder, more if a single letter has more roms than that. As an exmaple, I might have roms that start with a number in a folder with those that start with A while all the ones that start with B are in their own folder or something. I used to have all letters broken out but that seemed like overkill when some folders had very few roms in them.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 07:27 PM »
But now that it's on-the-fly, that's no longer as practical as it was before, is it?
Yeah, which is why he wants an option. Which I agree with to a point since the functionality was there previously. I dunno, doesn't bother me so far.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 07:53 PM »
 Good grief ! no one put new roms every hours and each time he start his sd2snes after all !! ;D

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 04:50 AM »
FYI there is now a "Preview 2" version released ... some bug fixes from the original "1.7 preview".

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 10:33 PM »
hello :)

you have a link for the latest v0.1.7 preview 2 is out ? thanks again :)