Author Topic: Customs fee to ship US?  (Read 4623 times)

Offline copyman

• View Profile
Customs fee to ship US?
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:38 PM »
I will be ordering a N64 Everdrive very soon and ordering from USA. Anyone know if there will be a customs postage fee after getting for this item? If so how much on average did it cost if you know? Thanks  :)

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
Re: Customs fee to ship US?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:45 AM »
US customs is very lax.  I've had numerous computer, electronics, video games, and vintage toys shipped from oversea to me, one valued at almost $500 and I haven't been dinged once.  I think as long as it's not concealed cash or drugs, Custom usually won't pick up for tax assessment.  you should be fine with Everdrives

Offline copyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Thanks. Maybe its not a customs fee Im thinking of. Maybe its tax. Never ordered from Germany so was wondering. Guess my easy question would be. When you ordered from item(s) to US did you have to pay any extra fees?
Thinking not just want to make sure anyways. Cant wait to get my Everdrive 64!

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:26 AM »
Thanks. Maybe its not a customs fee Im thinking of. Maybe its tax. Never ordered from Germany so was wondering. Guess my easy question would be. When you ordered from item(s) to US did you have to pay any extra fees?
Thinking not just want to make sure anyways. Cant wait to get my Everdrive 64!

Nothing here, just showed up in my mailbox. Twice  ;D . Liked the EDN8 so much I got the SD2SNES too.

Offline copyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Ive heard that there could be some kind of fee from the postage company or something after a week or so they send in the mail. Might have been from Hong Kong or something and that was why. Oh well not a big deal. Ive ordered my N64 Everdrive and cant wait for it!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:26 PM by copyman »

Offline akina86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47 AM »
nope, no fees. i have purchased all my ever drives (everdrive md, super everdrive, turbo everdrive, master everdrive, NES everdrive and everdrive 64 on the way with full confidence) from retro gate and everything has been without any issues. the only problem i had once was due to my local mail carrier somehow thinking that the package needed to be returned to sender, but Krikzz resent it back to me at no charge. never any additional fees.

Offline lelandolson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 08:22 AM »
The customs officer will look at the paperwork for your shipment. This is where it can get very expensive. There is a fee when i got my N64 and I use Acc custom clearance agent Perth to help me. The good thing is it delivered really fast.