Author Topic: Zelda OOT Proto Fundraiser  (Read 13357 times)

Offline craigaaron

• View Profile
Re: Zelda OOT Proto Fundraiser
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 03:00 PM »
so any more news?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Good question. From last I heard, Bobo was negotiating price with the owner of the cart. Im still holding my funds just in case it picks back up. Ill try to get ahold of Bobo.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33 AM »
Might be worth posting on forums more geared towards this kind of activity, would get more attention on places like Assemblergames and Nintendoage.

I'm part of assembler games. Although that may not be the best place for this particular cart. It all started when I was impatient about getting it leaked (search "possible ocarina of time debug cart on ebay" on assembler games)then the topic got locked after an unnecessary debate. Luckily, I was too involved on other things (thank goodness) to be part of the argument, but I think the debate wouldn't happen if I wasn't so impatient.

Offline Bobo Mcloud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Hey guys, so I have good and bad news, I've ended up forking out the extra cash and successfully purchased the Zelda debug prototype.
The final purchase price was $5,350.
Now the bad news.
My wife is VERY unhappy with my splash out and is demanding that either I sell it off straight away or recoup most of the money back.
as hextendo mentioned, that cart has been quite an unpopular topic due to the way the seller went about a few things.
This is absolutely killing me because I'm so close to properly owning this but not if it means ruining my marriage.

Soooo... This means we need to raise $3000, I personally don't feel comfortable asking ppeople to donate so much and I don't think it is at all possible to raise that much so I'm guessing that corners me into a sale :(
Sorry guys looks like a dead end.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Sorry but i can't offer more than the 60$ i offered.
At least, even if you have to sell it again, you could study this prototype, and even dump it (i'm not at all interested particularly in the dump itself, it was just to try to comfort you).

Offline Bobo Mcloud

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Thanks for the gesture, Damn women always raining on my parade!

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 04:26 PM »
Damn, sorry to hear about that. Unfortunatly, I only have the 400 to spare (might be able to get more later, but I have a few other expensies atm). That and if you release the dump, the price of that proto will drop so this is a sticky situation. Let us know what works best for you, for as you said, its not worth ruining a marriage.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45 PM »
That and if you release the dump, the price of that proto will drop so this is a sticky situation.
This is why you sell it first, then release the dump later, perhaps anonymously ;)

Seriously though, good luck. I hope it works out.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Catastrophic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 11:09 PM »
I personally suggest that you dump the rom, resell the prototype for whatever you can(even if it's not as much as 5k) and then accept whatever donations you can. We all agreed to put at least something towards this and I don't plan on going back on that.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13 PM »
He doesnt have to worry about dumping it, for the winner recieves the rom as well. Let us know what course of action you wanna take.

Offline Bobo Mcloud

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 04:43 AM »
I'll weigh up my options and get back to you all,postage to my area is a bitch so it won't arrive for a few weeks, maybe I can find a seller who is keen to dump :)

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 06:50 AM »
He doesnt have to worry about dumping it, for the winner recieves the rom as well. Let us know what course of action you wanna take.

So, basically, he can upload THE SAME EXACT ROM as the cartridge version? PLEASE UPLOAD it! I know, I have NOT learned my lesson, but this forum seems A LOT MORE CALM than what I experienced at assemblergames. Plus, I wanted to test it on my ED64 since I looked up if there's any MORE prototypes besides That debug rom. Finally, I looked ALL OVER NESWORLD, but I can't find the download link.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 07:02 AM »
So, basically, he can upload THE SAME EXACT ROM as the cartridge version? PLEASE UPLOAD it! I know, I have NOT learned my lesson, but this forum seems A LOT MORE CALM than what I experienced at assemblergames. Plus, I wanted to test it on my ED64 since I looked up if there's any MORE prototypes besides That debug rom. Finally, I looked ALL OVER NESWORLD, but I can't find the download link.
Everyone ELSE is CALM but I WONDER about SOME PEOPLE sometimes ::)

Besides, the rom is his to do with as he pleases, I assume. If he shares it, he shares it. If not, then he doesn't.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Bobo Mcloud

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Really sorry guys but I ended up selling the cart to another collector, I did let him know that you all are very interested in the releasing of the Rom so I hope that he decides to release it to you all. I did receive a Rom of the game but I couldn't get it to work, not sure if it was dumped properly :(

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 05:30 PM »
 :'(
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."