Author Topic: "Lagrange Point" - krikzz, please add support for this game  (Read 25508 times)

Offline omonim2007

• View Profile
The translation of Lagrange Point from AGTP is out: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2294/

So now we have good time to ask our lovely krikzz to add support of this game to EverdriveN8.

krikzz, PLEASE add support of Lagrange Point in nearest release of OS!!! :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:49 AM by omonim2007 »
My projects:
- ROM sets for Retro Consoles (Russian)
- Krikzz Flash carts reviews (Russian)

Offline ApolloBoy

• View Profile
Re: "Lagrange Point" - krikzz, please add support for this game
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29 AM »
I know there is a USA version of this game, but right now it's not working too.
No there isn't, it's a Japanese-only release.

Offline omonim2007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:49 AM »
I know there is a USA version of this game, but right now it's not working too.
No there isn't, it's a Japanese-only release.

Yes, you're right.

So we NEED to start this translation of Japanese ROM on Everdrive N8.
My projects:
- ROM sets for Retro Consoles (Russian)
- Krikzz Flash carts reviews (Russian)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24 PM »
I would also like to see VRC7 support.

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:47 AM »
I would be very interested in playing Lagrange Point on real hardware!

Offline bozo55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:09 AM »
I just tried it out and it works awesome!  On emulation of course.

Here's the thing.  I have the actual FC cart of this game and was wondering if this patch has been console verified... in other words, can this translation be burned to ROMs and swapped into an actual cart?

Offline ApolloBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:18 AM »
in other words, can this translation be burned to ROMs and swapped into an actual cart?
I'd be very interested in this too since I also have the real cart.

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49 PM »
in other words, can this translation be burned to ROMs and swapped into an actual cart?
I'd be very interested in this too since I also have the real cart.

I just bought a copy of Lagrange Point, and will be attempting to burn the translated Aeon Genesis ROM onto the cart when I receive it. I'll update this thread in 5-8 days when it actually arrives to let you know if it works without issue.

Offline bozo55

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51 PM »
I just bought a copy of Lagrange Point, and will be attempting to burn the translated Aeon Genesis ROM onto the cart when I receive it. I'll update this thread in 5-8 days when it actually arrives to let you know if it works without issue.

Sweet! If it works it'd be awesome if you could hook me up with a translated ROM chip...  It's just the one 32-pin chip with the Konami logo on it right? 

P.S. to ApolloBoy and The_Atomik_Punk!... 
My cart has a kind of whiney hum noise that's in the background... you can hear it very prominently at the silent title screen.  Is that normal?  Does not happen with other Carts, and I've tried different power supplies (AV Famicom 95 revision BTW).  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:56 PM by bozo55 »

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Oops, I guess I forgot to buy my copy before the prices began skyrocketing to infinity!

However, as a practical matter, I wonder whether there is enough logic in the N8's FPGA to support VRC7 audio, which is the equivalent to a cut-down and slightly tweaked YM2413 OPLL audio chip.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 12:13 AM »

Sweet! If it works it'd be awesome if you could hook me up with a translated ROM chip...  It's just the one 32-pin chip with the Konami logo on it right? 

I'm sorry, to be clear, I myself am not attempting this, buy my boy Guntz over at Sega-16 will. I have solicited Guntz on the Sega-16 forum to burn translated ROMs onto all of my Famicom carts with expanded audio; Madara, Esper Dream 2, Just Breed, and Akumajou Densetsu. He'll be burning the translated Lagrange Point ROM onto my cart for me. If your interested in the same service, don't hesitate to contact him; he's the dude.

The whole reason I initially began pursuing translated copies of actual Famicom carts despite owning an N8 Everdrive, is that I'm not satisfied with the expanded audio emulation of the N8, nor am I frankly confident that said emulation for all of these specific sound chips will ever be 100% accurate. I'd rather just buy those few carts individually, and get them patched with English translations.

P.S. to ApolloBoy and The_Atomik_Punk!... 
My cart has a kind of whiney hum noise that's in the background... you can hear it very prominently at the silent title screen.  Is that normal?  Does not happen with other Carts, and I've tried different power supplies (AV Famicom 95 revision BTW).  Thanks!

Sorry man, I can't provide any insight into this, as I don't actually have my cart yet, but an unsubstantiated hypothesis would lead me to think that would be a shielding issue, possibly in your cabling, and not the cart itself. Is the hum only present with the Lagrange Point cart, or with all games?

Offline bozo55

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 02:34 AM »
I'm sorry, to be clear, I myself am not attempting this, buy my boy Guntz over at Sega-16 will. I have solicited Guntz on the Sega-16 forum to burn translated ROMs onto all of my Famicom carts with expanded audio; Madara, Esper Dream 2, Just Breed, and Akumajou Densetsu. He'll be burning the translated Lagrange Point ROM onto my cart for me. If your interested in the same service, don't hesitate to contact him; he's the dude.

Thanks for the contact!  I really appreciate it.  Will be looking to just buy the ROM off him if possible and swap the chip myself.

Sorry man, I can't provide any insight into this, as I don't actually have my cart yet, but an unsubstantiated hypothesis would lead me to think that would be a shielding issue, possibly in your cabling, and not the cart itself. Is the hum only present with the Lagrange Point cart, or with all games?

Cool, no worries.  I was hoping maybe ApolloBoy could test his cart for that...  In all honesty the only FC carts I have are Lagrange Point and the Everdrive N8.  The EDN8 works perfectly with no humming at all, even in expansion sound games that it supports.  Most of the FC carts that are worth owning are getting pretty pricey these days...  want Akumajo Densetsu but it's hard to get for less than $40 shipped... Never got a 72 to 60 pin Adapter to play my NES carts on the AV Fami.  And don't have a 72 to 60 pin Adapter to test Lagrange Point on my NES toaster either.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjJhN5POc4o
Someone had a Let's Play and you can hear the hum in the first 2 seconds of the video... Not the exact same pitch as I recall mine having but perhaps this is a common issue?  Unless his hum is completely unrelated, but it seems like he's capturing off an actual Famicom.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:56 AM by bozo55 »

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 10:56 AM »
I finally made my cart yesterday and yes, it works!! :D

Ignore the garbage text in the name fields, that's because my older save data was already there and it caused it to garble. Other than that everything looks and works perfectly fine

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:32 PM by MaarioS »

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Wow, well done! May need to do that to a cart myself...

EDIT : There seems to be a bit of graphical corruption on your file load screen, is that normal? Nestopia doesn't seem to have that on my end
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:17 PM by MP2E »