Author Topic: SOLVED SD2SNES problem "error "  (Read 14004 times)

Offline Ragnarok

• View Profile
Re: SOLVED SD2SNES problem "error "
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 03:32 PM »
I have had this very same error too on my newly brought SD2SNES, Doesn't seem to matter if it's my ether my PAL or NTSC SNES's.

I even have the original PSU for my PAL SNES.

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 03:43 PM »
I have had this very same error too on my newly brought SD2SNES, Doesn't seem to matter if it's my ether my PAL or NTSC SNES's.

I even have the original PSU for my PAL SNES.

How shop you buy your SD2SNES curiously ? because i have a other SD2SNES and no error for me in 0.1.6 final and 0.1.7 beta 3 and my problem is solved all work fine and no error in megaman , return your product SD2SNES for repair because is not your SNES issue hardware but a problem with some linker SD2SNES broken or defect product
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:47 PM by bidou67 »

Offline Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 03:59 PM »
I gathered that, might just be a one off coincidence or their maybe be a bad batch of SD2SNES boards around. I brought it in the UK, from retrotowers.co.uk on Krikzz's dealer list. So I doubt it's anything other than a genuine mistake somewhere probably with product.

I gotta say I just didn't feel the need to be using preview versions of the firmware yet which may in fact work fine as you have suggested, but not 1.0-1.6 , though as far as I can tell the games runs fine even on 1.0-1.6 even with the error. it's only a minor issue.

But thanks anyway.

I'll have a chat with retro towers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:03 PM by Ragnarok »

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 04:00 PM »
its  just a defect component in your sd2snes  ; i have a new sd2snes and no error in megaman x2 and x3 and all work fine , this happens on some sd2snes defect ( bad batch of SD2SNES boards ) , minor problem but proof is defect component in your sd2snes

i have read this subject and ikari say this  " Maybe it will work normally. The error message means that there is a cx4 problem so there might be errors in the game. " " Ok, in that case it’s probably a broken FPGA then. The faulty part is probably just used for something else in the latest firmware builds so the problem isn’t with the Cx4 register file anymore. I guess it would be best to get a replacement. "
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:34 PM by bidou67 »

Offline Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39 PM »
You might be right. Would be a real pain to keep this one, then maybe a few days, weeks, months, years down the line when significant new software come along suddenly the defect becomes a major issue for new features, a proper game breaking issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:44 PM by Ragnarok »

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46 PM »
no , no ,  a proper and good dump rom megaman x 2 ans x3 not solved the problem i have tried 20 rom different euro us and jap and clean rom in 15 day  , try and you see , the only solution is exchange your product defect or return for repair  , at this time my new SD2SNES work a charm without error in megaman x2 x3

I do not believe before ,  and it took me 15 days to figure out what ikari said real,  but it this true was right ikari
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:14 PM by bidou67 »

Offline Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 05:46 PM »
I do believe you, I think you misread my post.

I'm just suggesting that how later on this defect could be a big problem for other planned features.

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42 PM »
yes i understand you in your post , but no real problems with other things or planned features, i think that problem has ikari say is with the games use the Cx4 games only , but speak to a shop retrotowers.co.uk this problem is better , if the shop to be honest will send you a other SD2SNES in exchange is bettter , because the price SD2SNES is hight honestly , and work without error CX4 is better
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:45 PM by bidou67 »