Author Topic: 3DO, Atari Jaguar questions  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Retrografx

• View Profile
3DO, Atari Jaguar questions
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:05 PM »
I just found a Atari Jaguar and a Panasonic 3DO at goodwill at an awesome price.

Now the 3do games that came with it are terrible. I tried to make a backup of the cd that it came with, and my PC did not find anything on the cd, my burning software came on asking me what I wanted to do, as if it were a blank cd. When I look at the properties, it show zero storage used and zero storage available, I downloaded the same rom from a website and burned only the cue file, as an image, and found the duplicate able to play on the console, though the same thing shows up on my PC when I look at the properties. Why is that?

I burnt the rom first at 4x wouldn't play on system then at 10x, still wouldn't play, then I tried 16x and it played like a charm.

For the jaguar, does anyone know of any decent roms? Granted the Jaguar had a very limited game list. Is there any one working on a flashcart for this. I would buy one in a heartbeat, now that I have a working system. I heard of the skunkboard, though from the reviews it is terrible and way overpriced.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
Re: 3DO, Atari Jaguar questions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46 PM »
For your Jaguar :
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230666-skunkboard-sillyventure-edition-how-to-buy/
Not so expensive though :)
The Skunks were overpriced due to being discontinued.
i was about to buy one a few months ago, about 200€, but the deal went off.
Now they are easy and cheap to get.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:55 PM by MockyLock »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 05:05 PM »
not having much luck finding info on specs of the silly edition skunkboard. does anyone know if anything has been improved with this sillyversion, does it have eeprom for saves for example?
 i can see that it still needs to be connected to the pc for transferring roms and i think it can only hold up to one rom at a time.
 a sd card version with OS menu and eeprom save support is whati wish for.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 05:48 PM »
It's a Skunkboad rev3, just like the previous rev3.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:45 PM »
It's a Skunkboad rev3, just like the previous rev3.

think i will give it a miss then because if memory serves me right the rev3 still did not have some of the features that would temp me into purchasing one. i will wait to see if a better jag flash cart come along.

Offline zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 05:38 AM »
There are devices for the 3DO that let it play games off of IDE hard drives or USB flash drives, forget which, for Jaguar, you're pretty much stuck because there is no flash device for it. Best I can say is find a tempest 2000, the alien game, Doom and Wolf 3D because those are probably the best games on it.