Author Topic: What is the latest production date of the overdrive N8?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Milhouse

• View Profile
What is the latest production date of the overdrive N8?
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:46 AM »
1- I just got my Everdrive N8 today, bought from a recommended reseller, and the cart have dirty pins like if it would have been put in a dirty NES and used before. Is this normal to arrive dirty? Could it be a refurbished product?

2- What is the latest date for the Evendrive N8 Board? My I just got is V1.4N 28.06.2013 (On the product page there is a date in the Mapper but it seams unclear to me if it is a software update for mapper support, or board revision. 4.7.2014)

3- You guys think I should complain to the authorized reseller?

Thank you everyone! :O)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:51 AM by Milhouse »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What is the latest production date of the overdrive N8?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:46 AM »
Actual assembly date in cart menu, on the pcb just a date when current board revision were made. Not sure what you mean when you say "dirty pins", but cart pins should not looks completely pristine, cuz we test all carts before than sent, and some dealers even may test them again to be sure that all fine

Offline fireball87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Whichever you do, don't clean the gold plating off the pins, ala this guy:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?45668-Customer-claims-EverDrive-MD-board-connectors-are-oxidized

I would think pins would be clean, perhaps with some slight scuffing from testing, but not shiny or anything, just the same dull matte finish on the gold layer that it was manufactured with. 

Offline Milhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 08:04 AM »
No I have dirty black on the pins. I cannot see the pictures but I know what you mean by not removing the gold plating off the board. Thank you!

What does SPI TEST…ERROR 40 means?

I also hear some sounds buzzing when I turn on the NES with the N8 In it and the sound tone changes when I push the controller buttons. Sound like interference... And I also see a ghost image when a game is loaded.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:28 AM by Milhouse »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22 AM »

What does SPI TEST…ERROR 40 means?

Ran the test without SD card, right?

Offline Milhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Yes! It happened when I ran the test without SD card! I ran the test again inserting the SD Card during the test and everything is OK now!

Sound produced seams to be normal when compared to original NES cart. Slight difference in tone. Must be normal from the hardware. I am gonna do more testing on this with other tv and monitors, wires, and maybe another NES just to make sure.

Thank you for your time! It was much appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:41 PM by Milhouse »