Author Topic: Feature request: in game pause/hide EDFC folder  (Read 9463 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: in game pause/hide EDFC folder
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31 AM »
I need to test it more, and maybe someone else here can say for certain, but I had tried hiding the folder in Windows a while back and it was hidden on the cart (I can't remember if it was N8 or another ED I have though). I haven't tested it past that (playing roms, etc). I suppose I can test more this weekend as I should have time.

Krikzz may be able to say if that might cause any issues though. I just tried it one day out of curiosity.

I guess cart will not boot at all or will not able to save. If some folder hidden in browser, then OS can not see this also

Offline XC-3730C

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 05:29 AM »
I need to test it more, and maybe someone else here can say for certain, but I had tried hiding the folder in Windows a while back and it was hidden on the cart (I can't remember if it was N8 or another ED I have though). I haven't tested it past that (playing roms, etc). I suppose I can test more this weekend as I should have time.

Krikzz may be able to say if that might cause any issues though. I just tried it one day out of curiosity.

I guess cart will not boot at all or will not able to save. If some folder hidden in browser, then OS can not see this also

This is why I suggested a feature to start in a specific folder. For example, if my SD card had the following folders in the root:

X:\EDFC
X:\GAMES

If there was a feature to start in X:\GAMES, it would almost be like hiding the EDFC folder

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 06:34 AM »
You're correct - it will not boot and gives 'Error 10'.

I had been testing with other folders first before I tried the EDFC folder and noted that they were in fact hidden but hadn't actually tried it with the EDFC folder until tonight.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4