Author Topic: Zelda Hacks/Mods  (Read 16445 times)

Offline ContinentMan

• View Profile
Zelda Hacks/Mods
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:35 AM »
Has anyone found any Zelda OOT mods that work on the EverDrive v2?

Thanks,
ContinentMan
Thanks,

ContinentMan

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
Re: Zelda Hacks/Mods
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:57 AM »

Thanks,
ContinentMan
There's Petrie's Challenge:

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1553.0

It's a hack of 3 temples, Forest Fire, and Water, and makes them insanely difficult.

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline Trevor

• Goldfinger64 Dev Location:UK
  • Everdrive64 v2 (PAL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 01:10 AM »
I So wish Ura was still in development. I hate how people always complain and then this happens...

I hope it does come back one day, Zeth did say it might once he learns more Internal stuff.

Trev

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Doesn't Zelda's Birthday kind of work on ED64?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:27 PM by Hexatendo »

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Isn't Zelda's Birthday kind of works on ED64?
Kinda. It freezes on certain occasions, so petrie's challenge is the best candidate because no one has confirmed it freezing yet. It is very possible to do minor hacks to zelda or mario 64 for hardware but overhauls generally run into the possibility of crashing. It is either too much going on for the hardware to handle or a bug in the editors.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline aterraformer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:14 AM »
It freezes on certain occasions
Is there any way to get past at least the first screen transition?  The only other Zelda hacks I have got to boot were Petrie's, the hack that comes with Zelda's Birthday I believe (Yu_Yuan's URA), and the newly released Majora's Mask - Master Quest.  I tried: Izou, Kaizo OoT by gctk24, Redux, Mario & Wario reskins, Voyager of Time, and Zelda - Nightmare (which crashed on the title screen).  Some would basically shut the console off while it was still running and others messed up the screen.  Really hoping to get more of these running.  I'm on os2.09 by the way, if that makes a difference.  Thanks

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:07 PM »
... and the newly released Majora's Mask - Master Quest
Anyone know where I can find details about what has changed in this mod in comparison to the original version? I'm looking for more than just a changelog for the recent version. Thanks!

Edit:
I know this mod probably won't get its fix but just wanted to inform you that the version (1.1) I posted earlier was outdated.
Current version available is 1.2: http://pastebin.com/qHhSPEKw
Since I couldn't find a complete changelog I copied everything I could find from this and previous releases:
Code: [Select]
Majora's Mask Master Quest is a romhack made by Deathbasket
This is NOT an official release by nintendo.

Master Quest includes:
Different overworld
Different dungeon layouts
Unable to buy explosives
No Index Warp
Double Damage from enemies
Changes from 1.0:
Removed boulder near Snowhead that crashed game when broken
Fixed some dungeon switches
Fixed Epona not appearing in Termina Field
Fixed camera/movement lock after burning bouncy webs
Changes from 1.1:
Fixed Gekko softlock due to error in health checking
Fixed Woodfall stairs void
Zora can no longer use all its items underwater
Some changes to Ikana Castle
Some changes to Great Bay Temple
Added some switch and chest cutscenes
More information about the creator (Deathbasket): http://pastebin.com/u/DeathBasket
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:53 PM by GBM »

Offline macN64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Voyager of Time and Ruinous Shards both work on console.* The version of Voyager I had didn't pass the checksum, but it works now after using rn64crc. I think the 'official' download for the hack has been fixed now though.

Ruinous Shards worked 'out the box'.

Voyager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85T-HY0rwQ
Ruinous Shards:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZnPA8zmS0

I've had no luck with Izou or Nightmare. I just get a black screen upon booting Izou and Nightmare displays a small red line at the top left of the screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XIp8dZlHc

Slightly off topic - has anybody successfully managed to run ZELOOTMA.z64 on console? I just get a black screen, but it worked fine in Nemu IIRC.

*When I say 'work', they boot up and play ok, but I haven't played either right through. So there might be parts in the games that freeze on console, but I haven't encountered any yet.

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14 PM »
I found a lot of useful (Zelda-) modding stuff and some of the beforementioned mods on www.cloudmodding.com , in case anybody is interested.

Edit: Btw. Voyager of Time does not seem to be very playable on ED64: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=999.msg9897#msg9897
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:57 PM by GBM »

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 01:04 AM »

Thanks,
ContinentMan
There's Petrie's Challenge:

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1553.0

It's a hack of 3 temples, Forest Fire, and Water, and makes them insanely difficult.
Has anybody ever completed this hack/the Forest temple in this hack on real hardware? I ran into an inevitable freeze on the ED64 that makes it impossible to beat the first temple. Thanks!

EDIT: If fixed it! Check this thread out for details on content and download: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5281.0

Out of the blue, there's a fix for Petrie's Challenge.  According to many websites, Petrie's Challenge works on the ED64.  It does, but there is the potential for a game breaking freeze in one of the rooms.  GBM found it, fixed it, and may post later to explain it better.  He did some troubleshooting and was able to replace a platform with a similar platform, and the freezing is gone.  He's tested the fix on my patches and they work.  I've left my original patches which do not modify the game in any way for purists, and also created a patch for those who do not want my patches, just GBM's fix.

I have not included these in AllPatches yet, so it is a separate download for now if you are interested in the fix.
Just a few words on this: In the originial Petrie's challenge rom there is a reproducible crash in the Forest temple that only happens on real hardware as soon as a transformation-switch in a certain room with spinning platforms is hit. The reason for this is a collision-issue with the metal-platform in that room and the crates which are placed on it. It was possible for me to change the platform to a clear block without altering or lowering the difficulty/gameplay too much and keeping the puzzle-mechanics, which are crucial for progress, alive at the same time. Feel free to try it and give some feedback as ozidual is friendly enough to host it for me.
A couple of small updates.  I added the Fire Temple music to the 1.0 patches for Petrie's Challenge.  The only sounds Petrie changed were two ocarina songs, and I was able to keep his changes while updating everything else.  Thanks to GBM for working with me to make this change.
Thanks for making this possible and I was glad to help you finding those two songs. With your help we got this patch to a really enjoyable and (hopefully) playable point. I will continue my playthrough (starting at the Fire Temple) and report my findings of any further, possible bugs, in case there are any left. In case anybody else wants to test the Forest Temple now that we have added the Fire Temple music, please feel free to post in case that patch introduced any issues.
I have finally finished my playthrough of Petrie's Challenge on real hardware. It's an insanely difficult mod but, for the most part, very well done. There were several random freezes in the last temple which a new gameplay mechanic in this mod is very likely to be accounted for ([spoiler]switching boots by pressing the D-pad[/spoiler]). In my opinion it's nothing really that breaks the game though. I think it's not necessary to work on this issue unless somebody has got detailled insight on a possible fix and what could be the exact reason for this behaviour.
So in case you want to play this mod on ED64 you definitely need at least the [ED64 Fix] patch by me or even better the [ED64 Fix] (1.0), that includes the fix, popular ozidual (1.0) changes and the Fire Temple music we managed to add.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:44 PM by GBM »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 03:02 AM »
Anyone know where to find Ruinous Shards, and Voyager?

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 03:26 AM »
Anyone know where to find Ruinous Shards, and Voyager?
I've uploaded the Voyager patch

Ruinous Shards is on one of those kind of forums where you can't view it unless you're a member ::) There's a french video that has a download which I won't link for either of them for...y'know, reasons.

Edit: I've uploaded haddockd's Ruinous Shards 1.04 patch.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:27 AM by supersign »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Well thanks, those clues made it easy enough to find them.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 03:07 PM »
A new Everdrive 64 compatible mod has been released, called Zelda 64: Dawn and Dusk, at:

https://n64today.com/2019/09/22/zelda-64-dawn-dusk/

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:10 PM »
I found a lot of useful (Zelda-) modding stuff and some of the beforementioned mods on www.cloudmodding.com , in case anybody is interested.

Edit: Btw. Voyager of Time does not seem to be very playable on ED64: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=999.msg9897#msg9897

I Wonder if someone else confirm Voyager of time doesn't work?
 Because maybe it was a earlier version or something else.
Did someone played it till this Forest temple door bug?