Author Topic: Black Screen - Won't Boot  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Jolt459

• View Profile
Black Screen - Won't Boot
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Just got my Super EverDrive for Christmas. Super stoked to use it. Initially loaded it up with a Link to the Past ROM, turned it on, it booted, I tried "selecting the game", loading it up or whatever, this did NOT work. I'm not sure what happened, I came back from the other room and the screen was black. Ever since then, I can't get any further than a black screen when turning the SNES on. No menus. I tried holding "X+A" as I turn the SNES on, and still a black screen. I've looked, I can't find an answer. If there is an answer out there, please link me to it as I am tired of searching through forums to find nothing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU CAN HELP!!

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Black Screen - Won't Boot
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:49 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:21 PM by jimmyemunoz »
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline Jolt459

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:36 PM »
This is what my SNES looks like
http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/fb/fb416b6e_a6f35c87_20100925134504Oxidized-snes.jpeg

My power supply (AC cord) isn't Nintendo brand but has a 9V/850Ma output. The SNES is perfectly functional. I've been playing lots of Super Mario World, saving, coming back, turning it off.. Using the SNES basically. It works fine.

I bought my Super EverDrive at StoneAgeGamer. It is now sold out (guess I got the last one?!) I got the SD card that came with it.

http://stoneagegamer.com/super_everdrive_cart.aspx

The SD card I have is a Super EverDrive branded one. 2GB. I didn't touch the formatting of it. Everything is in the root, but I think I deleted the ROMs so it's basically an empty card.

When I first turned it on and started loading up the ROM, when I came back in on the screen there was a whole bunch of gibberish on the screen in no real organized way. I'm not really sure how to describe it but it looked like the memory sectors (I really don't know what I'm talking about) It had lots of zeroes and letters and things like this --> 0x000A, that type of stuff and lots of it. But it wasn't in neat ordered lines or anything it was just this distorted image of all this memory gibberish. I think previous to this ordeal I had gotten the ROM to have a loading bar and it was green, it loaded but then got stuck for like 5-10 minutes and I turned the SNES off.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:45 PM by Jolt459 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Probably you should send your cart to me or to stoneagegamer, o not think that you can fix it