Author Topic: Error 91... I really need some help  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Leonard

• View Profile
Error 91... I really need some help
« on: December 22, 2014, 06:27 AM »
I'm about to lose my mind with this stupid ed64 v2. I spent all weekend trying to get it to work and I feel like it's only getting worse.

Here's a summary of events:
Loaded the newest ED OS on to the card with a set of roms.
While testing it out, half of the roms were "shaky" and was told to try a different rom set.

loaded a different rom set, put them on the card.
tested it out... Error 91: unexpected error.

Cleared off the SD card, filled it full again with the second set of roms
Error 91: unexpected error.

Reformatted the SD card, filled it full again with the second set of roms
Error 91: unexpected error.

Cleared off the SD card again, filled it full again with the first set of roms and ED OS...
Error 91: unexpected error
So now it's not even working when it was working before  :-\

Figured it had to be the SD card
Got a different SD card.
Loaded the first set of roms and ED OS

I mean, what the freaking crap! NOTHING IS WORKING. I've tried different roms, I've tried different SD cards, I've tried reformatting, I've tried blowing on the freaking cartridge. EVERYTHING IS ERROR 91 NOW. Please help. I've spent my entire weekend trying to get this to work and am somewhere in the range of emotions between crying and pulling my hair out.

Offline Leonard

• View Profile
Re: Error 91... I really need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:53 AM »
Also have tried downloading different versions of the OS to see if that would help

I've even tried unzipping the OS with a different program, not that that would matter, but I'm grasping at anything right now.

If I turn on the N64 without an SD card in the ED, it does say that there is no SD card, so that is actually refreshing, but still nothing works.

Offline Leonard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07 AM »
Anyone?

I opened the cartridge up to see if there was any physical damage. Couldn't find anything that looked damaged in any way. I've tried different SD cards, different Rom types (.n64, .z64), different OS versions. Everything is still Error 91.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00 PM »
error 91 meand SD access timeout. I don't know why it happens, but i will check if you will send cart to me

Offline Alanmiro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Hi all,

Since I'm having the same issue with my ED64, I wondered if there's a quicker way to resolve the issue as sending the cart, have it fixed and resent back to Chile may take a good couple months.

I already emailed Krikzz with a picture of the error message and it can't be the SD card, as I already used it with a SED.
Anything else I can try before having to send back the cart?

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:20 PM »
I am having the same problem too, I reformat 4 times, I give up, my is ed64 v3
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:23 PM by teamvb »
EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:00 AM »
I am going to wait for a week or two before contacting krikzz, he may solve the problem by then
EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 11:53 AM »
I recopy the whole set to a different sdcard, and it is working now, wierd I did that last night it did not work, all good it working now

Offline Alanmiro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Time for me to buy a new SD Card, then..I'll post the results tomorrow. Btw, what brand/type/storage capacity does the working SD card have? So as to know what to buy and be on the safe side..Thanks!

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 12:47 AM »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SanDisk-Ultra-32GB-UHS-I-Memory-Card-SD-30MB-s-Class10-3D-HD-Video-/231168299749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35d2b452e5
funny thing is i was using a 16gb working,then i upgrade to 32gb work and i change back to 16gb then i started to have the error ,i try a few time not working ,then i try the 32gb and it work ,sorry i was very sleepy that is all i rember,as for the ebay link it is for the picture i did not buy from them ,good luck i hope u get ur edn64 working
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:49 AM by teamvb »

Offline Alanmiro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 03:35 AM »
So getting a Kingston, 4Gb, Class 4 did the trick. The other one I tried was 9 years old so it might be just luck.
Now let's start the download spree!

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Sorry to necro this topic but I have not found another similar one and this seems to have no definitive resolution. I recently had this happen to me. I had not changed a thing on the Everdrive. One day it was working just fine, a few weeks later I am getting this error. I have tried 5 different N64 consoles and it does not work on any. I have tried formatting (full, not quick) three different SD cards and putting the latest firmware on them and I still get the error. I tried earlier versions of the firmware and I still get the error.

Thankfully I have the extended warranty from Stone Age Gamer, but just putting this out there that this happened to me as well.