Author Topic: Just got my ED64 v2.5 - Few Questions  (Read 3685 times)

Offline blass12

• View Profile
Just got my ED64 v2.5 - Few Questions
« on: December 23, 2014, 12:35 AM »
Ok, so I got my ED64 today and got started for the first time..
Firstly I was able to set up my SD card before hand and added about 8 N64 roms, and also added an NES directory with 3 NES roms.
So I booted up and everything is there, and working.. Was pretty stoked that i set it up correctly and everything works, pretty cool to check all 8 games, and all seem good.
Ok, so my first question is: Is it possible to go from "in game" to get back to the roms directory to play a different rom? I have been just pressing reset so far to get out of a game & get back to the rom directory.. Is there an easier way to just quit the game and get back to my list of roms?

Second, I did DL 3 NES roms and put them in a directory called NESGames.. They do not work correctly. I tried 2 of them (Burgertime & Tecmo Super Bowl), and they load up in black and white and they are like half on the screen and half off the screen and also kinda fuzzy..
Is it possible that its just the roms I downloaded are bad or incorrect? Is it something else? Do i need to do anything diff for NES games other than just DL the roms?

Happy Holiday and thanks..

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Re: Just got my ED64 v2.5 - Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum  :)

1. You can only go back to the Everdrive menu by pressing the reset button on your console, or by doing a hardware mod.

2. Sorry, I don't use that feature. Maybe it's a problem with the video mode.
N64 PAL Games Collection: 205/243
N64 Demo Collection: 6
N64 NTSC Games: 21
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:34 AM »
1) Yeah you have to reset, or power on/off. No way back to the Everdrive menu from in-game.

2) I'm not in front of my Everdrive unfortunately right now but I think I know what you're talking about. Try pressing C-Up once you've started an NES game and see if that fixes it. Also you can bring up the Neon64 menu by pressing the L+R buttons. Make sure it's set to the correct region there.

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline blass12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Ok thanks.. It seems im only having an issue with the NES roms when im on my 27" Vizio TV.. When Im hooked up to my 50" Sony the NES Roms work fine.. It seems my Vizio is in 480i SD when using the NES Roms, im not sure what resolution my 50" is on..

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
Just got my ED64 v2.5 - Few Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:15 AM »
What is your system region, does it match the game region?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD