Author Topic: Everdrive 64 wont work at all :(  (Read 5817 times)

Offline LordLarsen

• View Profile
Everdrive 64 wont work at all :(
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:08 PM »
Hello. This is to let you know that I just got an everdrive 64 through a friend this week. (We ordered it recently) I followed all instructions carefully to set it up but the console won't turn on when the everdrive cartridge is in :( at the beginning I thought it could be something related to the console but it works perfectly with any original n64 cartridge. The console region is ntsc same as the cartridge we ordered. Please help !!! All I got is a 160 dollars paper holder :(

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 wont work at all :(
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:24 PM »
Have you tried other power sources or a different console? If the power cable is shorting out, it is not gonna work with the ED64 because the nature of flashcarts take more power than retail games. Btw, by not work, what do you mean (no power light on, error screen, light but black screen)?
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:01 AM »
Btw, by not work, what do you mean (no power light on, error screen, light but black screen)?

Yeah, "wont work at all" say nothing. You should give details, if you want to take some help

Offline SyntheticPerson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:09 PM »
My ED64 arrived today and I have the same problem (I think). My console and ED64 are both PAL versions and when I plug it in the N64 turns on, but the screen stays blank. There is no signal at all. The power supply is the official Power Supply so that shouldn't be an issue. I do use a travel adapter though as I recently moved to Spain.  The adapter is 10A/250V, which more than caters for what the power supply uses so I doubt that is an issue.

I have tried with other games, which work fine. And I have also cleaned the connectors in the console and cartridge. The cartridge looks perfect to me so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be able to connect with the N64.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:27 PM »
maybe the cpu/rcp didn't unlock 'cause a false cic is installed or it isn't soldered right. :>

Offline LordLarsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Btw, by not work, what do you mean (no power light on, error screen, light but black screen)?

Yeah, "wont work at all" say nothing. You should give details, if you want to take some help

Please don't take me wrong and let me fill you in details. The thing is that once the cartridge is in and you slide the power button, the red light doesn't turn on. There's no image on screen obviously.

Offline LordLarsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Have you tried other power sources or a different console? If the power cable is shorting out, it is not gonna work with the ED64 because the nature of flashcarts take more power than retail games. Btw, by not work, what do you mean (no power light on, error screen, light but black screen)?

Thanks for your reply. The console works perfectly with other original cartridges in.  I even asked a friend to try with his console but got the same results.

Offline SyntheticPerson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Lord Larson, it seems as if your problem is different to mine. I will start a fresh topic instead to keep the replies relevant to our separate problems.

Offline LordLarsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:05 AM »
You're right synthetic person, yours turns on mine doesn't.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 12:46 PM »

Please don't take me wrong and let me fill you in details. The thing is that once the cartridge is in and you slide the power button, the red light doesn't turn on. There's no image on screen obviously.

You should open the cart and check area near to J2 connector. Metal shield must be shorted on pcb near this area

Offline LordLarsen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 02:09 AM »

You should open the cart and check area near to J2 connector. Metal shield must be shorted on pcb near this area

Thank you so much Krikkz and please forgive my annoying insistence. Despite that, you have been helpful and respectful unlike another user who started insulting. I now know I owe you an apology big time. And by the way, the ED64 is now working without the shell.