Author Topic: Best choice Everdrive for a Retron 3 console  (Read 4224 times)

Offline sheepdog_tx

• View Profile
Best choice Everdrive for a Retron 3 console
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:21 AM »
I have a retron 3 (nes, snes, genesis) and want to get an everdrive for it. Being three different options on Drives which should I get an will it allow me to load all three game systems off one cart? Seems its just a menu system to deliver the rom to the console right?

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
Re: Best choice Everdrive for a Retron 3 console
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:40 AM »
Wrong, you will need a cart for each system. Everdrives are basically acts like a real cart for their respective system. So the everdrive MD is a 'real' genesis cart and the  super everdrive is a 'real' snes cart. You can't play snes games on a genesis and vice versa. Even if made some kind of board pin adapter it wouldn't be able to play the game.

You will need an ever drive for every system you will want to play.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:44 AM by brooksyx »
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:58 AM »
Doesn't the n8 work on NOAC's?
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline AW87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:44 AM »
On the Retron-3 of a friend, my Everdrive-MD worked, but the Mega-Everdrive from another friend of us, has not worked. So for Mega-Drive-Slot of your Retron-3, you would need an Everdrive-MD instead of a Mega-Everdrive. For the other two slots of the Retron-3 (NES/SNES), i have no experience if Everdrives works?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:57 AM by AW87 »