Author Topic: Choro Q 2 Translated  (Read 4485 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Choro Q 2 Translated
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:41 AM »
Choro Q 2 has been translated guys :)

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3620/

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: Choro Q 2 Translated
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:15 AM »
Great news!  Nicely done Zoinkity!
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Good............ another unexpected translation from Zoinkity.
Sad, i don't find the unbyteswapped rom to apply the xdelta translation.  :'(

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Just snag Tool64.  Use that to fix Endianness.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Nice this game it's much better than the first part thanks to Zoinkity for translate !!

Offline Shellshocker18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:10 PM »
I didn't even know this was being worked on, so this is unexpectedly good news. Zoinkity says it was a pretty quick and easy patch to make, does that mean something like 2 months? I've actually been trying to keep track of which patches are in development and I had no idea this one was even happening, I don't know if it was even announced or not. Takara produced like 6 N64 games based on their toys, the Choro-Q games are the last ones I need to play, so either way this will make things slightly easier now.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 11:31 PM »
I've never been able to find where Zoinkity has his current projects.  The best I can do is his pastebin, which has some great info for n64 hackers from time to time, but not much else.  I get news from time to time from binkers87 on what he's working on, and I hear 2nd or 3rd hand about others, but there's no easy way to track anyone. 

I'm very open about Sim City 64, but I don't know about future projects.  krom was obviously translating it for years without anyone stopping him, so I felt safe in displaying my work.  Plus, ED forums are a nice, hidden corner of the net where not many people go.  I definitely understand others not showing off their translation work.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 12:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure Zoinkity lurks on irc mostly and he does have a youtube channel he's been posting to more frequently.

I'm pretty easy to track down apparently, since posting on these forums I keep getting random messages about other projects I worked on years ago that are completely unrelated haha.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline mistamontiel

• ..!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/mistamontiel00/videos
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 09:43 PM »
I've used the Tool64 and try Big/Little Endian Delta Patcher only checksum errors >.<

Link anyone

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47 AM »
I've used the Tool64 and try Big/Little Endian Delta Patcher only checksum errors >.<

Link anyone

Here man......
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 11:16 PM »
OK. Finally completed this. Somewhat enjoyable but just like the first, very repetitive if you're looking to unlock all the parts. The game plays pretty similar to the original but am I mistaken but can you only save ONE track on the controller pak? Thats pretty bad. I mean the original you can save 4 so what gives?

I do appreciate that you no longer have to do cryptic, ridiculous events to unlock all the parts like the first game. Overall though the game is still fun. I can see most people turned off by the graphics and/or gameplay etc. but then again I'm a fan of ChoroQ games so the shortcomings don't bother me.

Also not sure if anyone is interested, but I have saves for both games (Penny Racers (U) and this one) that have everything unlocked. PM me if interested.

Offline verythrax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 02:09 AM »
Sorry to bring this up, but the rom (translated or not) doesn't work with my ed64 v3.

This is strange, because my ed64 runs everything else, and I've tried several other versions of the rom, and nothing. Also tried to force the all the save types using the save_db.txt file and nothing.

I'm using the latest OS.

Any tips?