Author Topic: Mega EverDrive v2 release!  (Read 54771 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mega EverDrive v2 release!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50 AM »
and the OS 2.00 is only developped for the mega everdrive v2 and also developed for the V1
Only for v2

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Hello KRIKzz and what changes on OS 2.00 ? and if i understand no luck and no future update firmware to a V1 ? because I have buy recently a V1
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:29 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 12:33 PM »
Hello KRIKzz and what changes on OS 2.00 ? and if i understand no luck and no future update firmware to a V1 ?
It have Recently Played menu, remembers cheats for each rom, return to folder where it was, instead of root. May be something else, i don't remember, since i don't have log of work.
OS 2.0 were made from zero, it is not a modification of old mega-ed OS, so, there is lot of minor changes, probably most of them invisible for user.
As i laready said, i have plans to release one ow two updates for old mega, don't know if i will do anything else

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Hello KRIKzz and what changes on OS 2.00 ? and if i understand no luck and no future update firmware to a V1 ?
It have Recently Played menu, remembers cheats for each rom, return to folder where it was, instead of root. May be something else, i don't remember, since i don't have log of work.
OS 2.0 were made from zero, it is not a modification of old mega-ed OS, so, there is lot of minor changes, probably most of them invisible for user.
As i laready said, i have plans to release one ow two updates for old mega, don't know if i will do anything else

Yes KRIKzz ;) because i buy recently november 2014 buy  a mega everdrive v1 and I was afraid that we must change for a V2 and that no more firmware in the future for v1, so i can keep in peace v1? also is not necessary to buy in my case a V2 ?

PS: Otherwise my mega evedrive V1 manufactured september 2014 version 32 MB , save correctly with reset i have OS 9 ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:47 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 12:47 PM »
mega-ed v1 saves just fine, if you don't forget to push reset before than shut down the system

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 12:52 PM »
mega-ed v1 saves just fine, if you don't forget to push reset before than shut down the system

Yes KRIKzz my mega everdrive V1 version 32M manufactured september 2014  working fine no problem and  i push reset always before shut down the system , just afraid ( worried )  to buy a new V2 two month later after buy a V1  , In conclusion i am worried  we will have to buy soon a v2 ? no ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:03 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 01:09 PM »
I not understand what you mean

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 01:44 PM »
I not understand what you mean

please KRIKzz ,  if you not understand , use a translator or google !

Its simply , i have Mega Everdrive V1 since november 2014 and just afraid for me to buy a new Mega everdrive V2 , 2 month  after buy my first Mega everdrive  V1  , In conclusion afraid  to buy still soon a v2 ? you understand i hope  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:56 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 01:58 PM »
I afraid that i not understand not because my english is so bad, but because you use translator (: Your message looks for me like a bunch of words without sense: In conclusion i afraid i will have to buy still soon a v2? aaa? what?

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 02:04 PM »
I have a V1 and just afraid to buy another V2
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:07 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Native English speaker here confirming the problem is not Krikzz's English.  Bidou, i don't know if you're using a translator or just bad at English, but you're coming off as gibberish.

I think you're trying to say something along the lines of your Mega ED is so brand-new that you don't want to buy a v2?  Then don't.  There's nothing major being updated, the v1 works perfectly for the overwhelming majority of games.  Matter of fact, no major functionality is being added at all.  There's really no need to "upgrade" or swap out your v1.

If I'm off on what you're asking, well... as I said, your translation leaves much to be desired, sorry, I'm trying my best to understand.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 02:35 PM »
Native English speaker here confirming the problem is not Krikzz's English.  Bidou, i don't know if you're using a translator or just bad at English, but you're coming off as gibberish.

I think you're trying to say something along the lines of your Mega ED is so brand-new that you don't want to buy a v2?  Then don't.  There's nothing major being updated, the v1 works perfectly for the overwhelming majority of games.  Matter of fact, no major functionality is being added at all.  There's really no need to "upgrade" or swap out your v1.

If I'm off on what you're asking, well... as I said, your translation leaves much to be desired, sorry, I'm trying my best to understand.

yes you understand me KalessinDB  :) , and if i understand , i  keep my V1 is good ? , no major upgrade are necessary for buy the new  V2 in my case ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:43 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Correct.  Your v1 is just fine (as is mine --  I don't intend on getting a v2 for a very long time, plenty of other video game related things to buy first).

The v2 does not allow you to play any games that the v1 wouldn't let you play.

The only major difference as far as Krikzz has told us is that saving will be slightly easier.  With a v1, you have to press reset to save, so if you just turn the game off after playing you will lose your progress.  With a v2, you can just turn it off like you would normally do. If the act of pressing the reset button after you play does not bother you, there is effectively no reason to buy a v2.

I'm simplifying a bit, obviously, but for the sake of clarity I think it's pretty spot-on.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Correct.  Your v1 is just fine (as is mine --  I don't intend on getting a v2 for a very long time, plenty of other video game related things to buy first).

The v2 does not allow you to play any games that the v1 wouldn't let you play.

The only major difference as far as Krikzz has told us is that saving will be slightly easier.  With a v1, you have to press reset to save, so if you just turn the game off after playing you will lose your progress.  With a v2, you can just turn it off like you would normally do. If the act of pressing the reset button after you play does not bother you, there is effectively no reason to buy a v2.

I'm simplifying a bit, obviously, but for the sake of clarity I think it's pretty spot-on.

its clear for me , i understand you  ( I thought it was a commercial argument to force a buy a V2 )  ,  i understand well your post KalessinDB ^^ , My V1  is not a reason to buy a V2 ? !
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:59 PM by bidou67 »

Offline sammargh

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 03:50 AM »
So with the release of V2 does that mean that V1 will no longer receive updates? Whatever happened to FM synth?