Author Topic: Mega EverDrive v2 release!  (Read 48122 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mega EverDrive v2 release!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Already answered on this question.
As for fm synth, at this moment i even don't have plans to implement it for v2. Too many work just to play few master system games

Offline magnus87

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 04:17 PM »

Advantages of Mega EverDrive-V2 compared to Mega EverDrive-V1:
• Battery RAM for saves. It allow to save without need to push reset.
• Better compatibility with clone systems.
• Improved hardware design and reduced power consumption.
• Improved software.
• Fixed "Fron Side" now is "Front Side"

Thanks Krikkz!!

Ukraine rulzz!!!  :D

Offline alimadhi

• >:(
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 12:33 PM »
What about the first version? drop it in Junk? and there is no update to the old version you made V2 and delete V1 updates, Who knows in the future updates only to the V2  >:(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:43 PM by alimadhi »

Offline DandySephy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 12:48 PM »
What about the first version? drop it in Junk?
Have you even read the posts?

Offline Link83

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 12:49 PM »
What about the first version? drop it in Junk? and there is no update to the old version you made V2 and delete V1 updates, Who knows in the future updates only to the V2  >:(
What do you mean? KRIKzz already said there will still be one or two more updates to v1:
At least i will release one or two updates for old mega
and you can still find all v1 OS under the 'Legacy Mega EverDrive' downloads:
http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=mega-ed
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:37 PM by Link83 »

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 03:10 PM »

+1  , only update for the V2 in the future it is sure ! it become abuse these multiple versions linker  , V1 no update in the future ?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:20 PM by bidou67 »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44 PM »

+1  , only update for the V2 in the future it is sure ! it become abuse these multiple versions linker  , V1 no update in the future ?

Krikzz has already said that he'll likely release a couple of new OS revisions for the v1 Mega Everdrive. Yes, the v1 will stop being updated, but just because v2 of an Everdrive is released, doesn't in any way mean that the v1 that people already own is going to stop working. It's not like Krikzz has a master switch in his house, and when he pressed it then all v1 Everdrives will stop working, and everyone has to buy a v2!

A v1 Everdrive still does everything it used to do, it's just that the v2 has some improvements, since it's a later design. But if you don't want the improvements that v2 has, then a v1 is good enough for you.

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 05:46 PM »

You can just send it to me. I will gladly take it.

Do you get upset every year when car companies release a new model year of the current car you drive too?  ::)
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline antonioks

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 09:49 PM »
KRIKzz gostaria de saber tenho um Mega ED V1 se os codigos game genie vão funcionar como emulador de um arquivo de texto sem precisar digitar todo codigo toda vez que for jogar o jogo, pelo que observei o V2 pode isto. obrigado e sucesso sempre.

KRIKzz like to know have a Mega ED V1 if the game genie codes will work as emulator of a text file without typing any code every time you play the game, so I watched the V2 can this. Thank you and success always.
Everdrives I own: Mega Everdrive v1, SD2SNES rev. (E1b), Everdrive N64 v2.5

Offline roadkill

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57 PM »
KRIKzz gostaria de saber tenho um Mega ED V1 se os codigos game genie vão funcionar como emulador de um arquivo de texto sem precisar digitar todo codigo toda vez que for jogar o jogo, pelo que observei o V2 pode isto. obrigado e sucesso sempre.

KRIKzz like to know have a Mega ED V1 if the game genie codes will work as emulator of a text file without typing any code every time you play the game, so I watched the V2 can this. Thank you and success always.

A V2 não ler códigos de "Game Genie" de arquivos de texto. Krikzz não falam português e inglês, ele fala ucraniano
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:33 AM by roadkill »

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 07:09 PM »
what would be a fair price to sell a v1 mega-ed nowdays?

Offline Shinjo360

• That´s mr 360 to you!
    • View Profile
    • Retrospelboxar.se
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33 PM »
First post ever!

Will the mega Everdrive V1 still be for sale? Retrogate has only V2 for sale.
Official Authorized Online Retailer - Sells EV´s all over Scandinavia.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 09:03 PM »
First post ever!

Welcome!

Some shops may clear out their v1 stock while stocking v2. Or some may just not carry the new version until the old version is sold out. I've seen Stone Age Gamer basically clearance the older version boards for pretty decent discounts before. I think I saw this with either SED v1 when v2 came out or ED64 v2 when v2.5 came out (or both).
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 05:27 PM »
First post ever!

Welcome!

Some shops may clear out their v1 stock while stocking v2. Or some may just not carry the new version until the old version is sold out. I've seen Stone Age Gamer basically clearance the older version boards for pretty decent discounts before. I think I saw this with either SED v1 when v2 came out or ED64 v2 when v2.5 came out (or both).

Yeah stoneage gamer usually just puts the old carts on clearance. Kind of wish I knew that before I bought my ED 64 2.5, They had an older version with a PAL cic for about $25 less. I would have gladly gone with that one and swapped out with the CIC from the game I used for the donor cart shell.
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline alimadhi

• >:(
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 02:26 PM »

OMG V2 can load cheats from text file ????? if that possible amazing, Poor who bought the first version  >:(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:30 PM by alimadhi »