Author Topic: WWF RAW 32X Controller Problem - Mega EverDrive Pro  (Read 370 times)

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
WWF RAW 32X Controller Problem - Mega EverDrive Pro
« on: October 20, 2020, 02:48 PM »
When I play WWF RAW 32X with a retrobit 2.4ghz 6 button controller I always get a 'controller 1 not found or defective" message. It seems to be only with this game. Plugging in a wired controller fixes the issue, but the problem remains with the wireless controller. The system assumes a controller is not connected into the port. Would this be considered a Retrobit issue or a Mega EverDrive Pro issue?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:55 PM by alphadrum »

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: WWF RAW 32X Controller Problem - Mega EverDrive Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Is it possibly a 6 button related issue? Was the wired controller you used a 6 button one?

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Wired was 3 button. Wireless was 6. When I start the game up with the 3 Button then plug in the wireless 6 button, everything works fine. It is the initial boot up that assumes there is no controller and WWF RAW is 6 button compatible.

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Update: Odd, when I switch the retrobit wireless to 3 button mode the game starts up regularly. Perhaps it is a programming error at development. I just have to switch it to boot up the game, then switch back. Was the mode button used to switch between 3 and 6 button back in the day? The retrobit has a button combination and LED indicator. Do these do the same thing or are they completely different functions?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:33 PM by alphadrum »

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:54 PM »
Update: Odd, when I switch the retrobit wireless to 3 button mode the game starts up regularly. Perhaps it is a programming error at development. I just have to switch it to boot up the game, then switch back. Was the mode button used to switch between 3 and 6 button back in the day? The retrobit has a button combination and LED indicator. Do these do the same thing or are they completely different functions?

I believe the mode button is what switched the controllers function back in the day.

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14 AM »
I can get it to boot sometimes but it is vaguely inconsistent. Has something to do with changing the controller mode while either powering on the system entirely or loading the rom.