Author Topic: FlashKit MD released!  (Read 58680 times)

Offline mugu

• View Profile
Re: FlashKit MD released!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 06:30 AM »
It appears as though there's been a serious problem in the shipping process with my Flashkit MD programmer. I've been tracking its delivery; while it was apparently supposed to arrive today, the status suddenly stated that the item was redirected to "recipient's new address".

I have paid in the exact same way as in all my previous online purchases, and the billing information has always remained the same. I've also been at the same address for over 10 years. So I'm not sure why this happened. Besides my local post office, who is possibly holding it, who can I contact at the Retrogate store for additional help? There's a chance that it might be sent back or worse (hopefully not), mailed to someone else's place.

EDIT: Good news, problem solved! My local post office made some mistake and I'm glad I contacted them on time. I was told to go to the redirected sort facility directly and pick it up. Time to test this neat little piece.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:19 PM by mugu »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Got my FlashKit MD and programmable cart today :)!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp7yeuc9sxch754/IMG_0746.JPG?dl=0

I've been able to do a range of things like saving the sram from retail games to my computer, to dumping obscure pirates. The software is very straight forward as well. The only other features that I could think of that would be cool to have (but dont really matter :D) are...
1. preinstalled sram on programmable carts (extra fee)
2. bank switching carts (extra fee) (if possible/feasible, also would be cool if it worked with your multirom tool but once again it might be impossible due to mappers, bankswitching ??? http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1732.0)
3. custom made shells (extra fee) (Evildragon is working on that)
4. ability to dump multicarts with every game (dont know if possible with software or at all)

Other than that, this thing is pretty handy. I hope to make a game hack or 2 that are enjoyable and burn them to a cart just for the fun of it. Also good for homebrew and undumped prototypes ;).

1) in progress
2) Not sure if i can make cheap enough carts with bank switching
3) Once i will have access to cheap enough shell in unlimited quantities
4) I don't have any multicarts. I guess they all mostly from china and have various game switching mechanism

It appears as though there's been a serious problem in the shipping process with my Flashkit MD programmer. I've been tracking its delivery; while it was apparently supposed to arrive today, the status suddenly stated that the item was redirected to "recipient's new address".

I have paid in the exact same way as in all my previous online purchases, and the billing information has always remained the same. I've also been at the same address for over 10 years. So I'm not sure why this happened. Besides my local post office, who is possibly holding it, who can I contact at the Retrogate store for additional help? There's a chance that it might be sent back or worse (hopefully not), mailed to someone else's place.

EDIT: Good news, problem solved! My local post office made some mistake and I'm glad I contacted them on time. I was told to go to the redirected sort facility directly and pick it up. Time to test this neat little piece.

Such things happen. Sometimes address can be damaged during delivery and they not able to read it, but sometime it happens without any reasons, may be guy on sorting station just a drunk? who knows (: Anyways, if i receive some packages back, i resend them or refund the payment

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Such things happen. Sometimes address can be damaged during delivery and they not able to read it, but sometime it happens without any reasons, may be guy on sorting station just a drunk? who knows (: Anyways, if i receive some packages back, i resend them or refund the payment
Most of my delivery guys (all couriers) seem like idiots. I get stuff misdelivered to me all the time and even have things marked as delivered to my door that don't show up til the next day. I assume it's the guy running late so he marks something delivered to make his quota or whatever and then just delivers the next day. Every time this happens, I call and complain but clearly it doesn't help.

I imagine they just don't care. Fortunately, I've only had 2-3 things that just never showed up at all.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline mugu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 06:03 AM »
Yeah, I've had quite a few troubles with the PO at my area when it comes to packages. Not the same as this one that happened yesterday, but still equally as ridiculous or erroneous. It's irritating, but s*** happens. At least I got it successfully :)

Offline Brocan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 01:01 AM »
@krikzz any plans of selling presoldered sram carts soon?

Thanks!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 02:32 AM »

Thanks!

May be start sell them in next few months

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 08:05 PM »

Thanks!

May be start sell them in next few months
Do you have any suggestions if someone wanted to solder on a battery holder and install the battery themselves? Im probably gonna order a few more carts soon (got 5 donor carts for less than a dollar :) ) and would like to experiment with these ;).
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Brocan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Can the carts be used to write 32x roms?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Can the carts be used to write 32x roms?
yes

Offline Brocan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 12:17 PM »
@KRIKzz thanks for your responses :D

I just had a production run of MegaDrive shells and will offer them soon at my shop (www.dragonbox.de and www.everdrive.de)

If you create your own games, you might want to get one of those as well :)

@EvilDragon, any news on this? :)

Thanks in advance!!

Offline TeamEurope

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Just got my Flashkit today and tested my SEGA PICO adapter (made for the Retrode) with it! As expected it's working without problems and even better as with the Retrode.
The Software also recognize the rom-size and rom-name from the header.

Had two games, which only gave me bad dumps with the retrode.
The Flashkit did read them perfectly!

so this is most likely the first adapter for the FlashKit!

read the story about the adapter here: http://www.retrode.org/2012/02/sega-pico-plug-in-adapter/

and here's the pinout:
Code: [Select]

PICO - Megadrive        | Description
------------------------------------
01   -  A16             | A17
02   -  A14             | A16
03   -  A12             | A15
04   -  A10             | A14
05   -  A08             | A13
06   -  A06             | A12
07   -  A04             | A11
08   -  B05             | A10
09   -  B04             | A9
10   -  B08             | A20
11   -  B09             | A21
12   -  B07             | A19
13   -  B06             | A18
14   -  A03             | A8
15   -  A05             | A7
16   -  A07             | A6
17   -  A09             | A5
18   -  A11             | A4
19   -  A13             | A3
20   -  A15             | A2
21   -  A17             | A1
22   -  B17             | CE (CAS0)
23   -  A01             | GND
24   -  A18             | GND
25   -  B16             | OE(IC11#8*)
26   -  A20             | D0
27   -  A21             | D8
28   -  A23             | D1
29   -  A24             | D9
30   -  A26             | D2
31   -  A27             | D10
32   -  A29             | D3
33   -  A30             | D11
34   -  A31             | VCC
35   -  A28             | D4
36   -  B25             | D12
37   -  A25             | D5
38   -  B24             | D13
39   -  A22             | D6
40   -  B23             | D14
41   -  A19             | D7
42   -  B22             | D15
43   -  A32             | GND
44   -  A32             | GND
45   -  B19             | CLK
46   -  A02             | VCC
47   -  Not Connected   | SRAM(IC17#7*)
48   -  Not Connected   | LWR
49   -  Not Connected   | MRES
50   -  A02             | VCC

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 08:05 AM »
TeamEurope, welcome... I haven't been on the No Intro forums in months, how's the Pico dumping coming along?
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 12:31 AM »
my flashkit md not working or i am doing some thing wrong read rom and cart info i get this message,i tried diff cart still the same ,win7 64bit

Connected to: COM14
ROM name : Unknown (X)
ROM size : 0K
RAM size : 0B

EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 02:26 AM »
my flashkit md not working or i am doing some thing wrong read rom and cart info i get this message,i tried diff cart still the same ,win7 64bit

Connected to: COM14
ROM name : Unknown (X)
ROM size : 0K
RAM size : 0B

Maybe you insert the cart by wrong side?

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 03:21 AM »
It is working now, I plug the cart in the wrong way, thanks again krikzz (God of consoles), I am very happy thank you,
EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5