Author Topic: Turbo ED V2?  (Read 46545 times)

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo ED V2?
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Why i should stop make OS updates for v1 now, if i already stoped make OS updates for v1 in the end of 2012 (: Last OS release for v1 working just fine.
OS different is not huge, and some functions require onboard RAM, so, there is nothing to do with v1.

Damn, has it been that long? Never noticed, LOL! Thanks, though.

Offline Living Dead

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2015, 07:23 AM »
If some of you guys who ordered the TED V2 can verify that it fits with V1 shells, it would be appreciated. I'm planning to get one soon and was thinking about ordering one of the Shapeways shells.

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2015, 08:01 PM »
I own a Turbo Everdrive v1 and the TED v2 looks like it fits in the TED v1 Shell but no guaranty.

Offline Living Dead

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2015, 05:12 AM »
It definitely looks like it will, but I was hoping for confirmation from someone who has actually received the TED V2.

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 11:41 PM »
Is there any reason to get the new Everdrive over the old one, besides loading time? I don't know of any games that used SRAM to save and those that did used the expansion port to save high scores only, or had an optional password input scren, however long and unweildy, to record progress. But of those required the expansion module to operate and I don't think rewritable RAM would have any effect besides homebrew. RAM could actually mess games up that otherwise worked fine, if for instance due to poor programming a game overwrote critical game data by sending a rougue wrtie command to somewhere in the ROM. Played on ROM or flash ROM, such a game would work, but played on RAM, the "write" event would corrupte the game leading to bug or crash.

I am getting ahead of myself here. Besides one game, Populous, or homebrew that don't yet exist, are there any other games that would take advantage of the Turbo ED V2 if I upgraded, that I cannot emjoy now? BTW, I don't have a turbo-booster with RAM backup, nor do I own a Turbo CD.

I also have the Shapeways 3D-printed shell, thick version. I superglued it in place but I could remove it if needed with a drop or two of acetone on the pegs if I ever decided to upgrade.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 12:18 AM »
Only Populous and Tennokoe Bank uses battery SRAM. All other games uses passwords and/or BRAM from any of the backup devices. You will have to wait and see what the people who bought the new TED v2 says. We don't know if Tennokoe Bank even works yet. But if it do we may have a way to copy BRAM saves to and from SD.

Offline PaulieORF

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2015, 06:01 AM »
If some of you guys who ordered the TED V2 can verify that it fits with V1 shells, it would be appreciated. I'm planning to get one soon and was thinking about ordering one of the Shapeways shells.
The TED v1 shell I got from Shapeways last year does not fit my v2.  I'm sure not all are the same though.  The one I have was a pretty low profile one.  I would think that some which are higher profile and do not contour to the components on the board will work for both.

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Thanks for the update. I personally don't see much reason to upgrade at this time and the custom green Shapeways shell is really nice on my v1.2. ::)

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02 AM »
Sorry guys but V1 shells on V2 TED is starting to look like a dead end without modifying them. There's another thread here: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19234

A shame.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39 AM »
 turbo ed 2.4 have arcade card function included inside or not?

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2015, 09:39 AM »
turbo ed 2.4 have arcade card function included inside or not?

No

Offline Asbrandt

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2015, 01:26 AM »
Out of curiosity, is 2.4 still un-updateable like the early 2.x?

Offline bozo55

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Out of curiosity, is 2.4 still un-updateable like the early 2.x?

Very likely, updating with a better FPGA will increase the price.

Offline BlockABoots

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2015, 01:03 AM »
Any ideas when these will be back in stock anywhere seem to be out of stock atm and have been for the last few weeks?

Offline DandySephy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2015, 07:33 AM »
http://shop.krikzz.com/Turbo-EverDrive-v24-TBEDV2.htm

They have been in stock for the last week.