Author Topic: Brand new N8 Everdrive not working  (Read 2461 times)

Offline teltaste

• View Profile
Brand new N8 Everdrive not working
« on: June 28, 2015, 03:02 AM »
Just got my N8 Everdrive, loaded my roms and went to try it out. Played river city ransom, no problems for about 10 minutes or so. Turned it off for a while and when I came back to try it again it booted to the green screen and then just jumbled glitchyness. Cleaned out the cart multiple times and my pins which are brand new as of a couple months ago. Jiggled the cart around to see if it wasn't setting right, still nothing. Everything else I've tried boots fine.

I read through multiple forum posts and came across one that was the exact same issue as me, down to it being the same glitched screen when booted: http://imgur.com/rPuxDTy. People suggested that he try a new power adapter but he never confirmed that's what the issue was. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions? It seems odd that it would be a power supply issue when it worked with no issues earlier. I tried 3 different power supplies with no avail.

I appreciate any help or suggestions on this!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:01 AM by teltaste »

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
Re: Brand new N8 Everdrive not working
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:59 PM »
Wiggle the cart around?
But as always check your cart in another nes
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline teltaste

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 11:59 PM »
Tried wiggling it around, no success. I don't have access to another Nes to try it on unfortunately. I'm guessing at this point I'll probably just have to send it back for repair?

Offline blanchfor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Hi, I'm having the same problem with my new everdrive.  I've tried everything.  Here is a video of me trying it out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mJyiWIrRdRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>